Cantonese speaking Job-Business Officer - Commercial Lending -London-rj
- up to £53k depending on experience + bonus
- Central London
- Ref: 22170
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Job Title: Cantonese speaking Business Officer - Commercial Lending
The Skills You'll Need: Fluent Cantonese and English, with UK commercial lending experience
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- speak and write fluent Cantonese and English
- have UK experience in corporate banking / commercial lending
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
Responsible for preparing credit facility proposals to the Bank’s relevant approval authority and managing designated account portfolio to monitor the overall credit risks and any irregular performance in accordance with the Credit Manual and other relevant policies.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- To perform analysis on target companies relating to business and financials
- To assist Business Manager to develop new business opportunities and contacts;
- To monitor and control designated account portfolio for managing the overall credit risks and any irregular performance in accordance with Credit Manual.
- To perform due diligence including KYC and AML on corporate customers in accordance with the Compliance Policy and AML Manual.
- To liaise with customers and counterparties with a view to gathering customer and market information to fulfil 'Know Your Customer’ (KYC) requirements & Account Opening requirements.
- Maintain complete set of documentation on borrowers filed in good order.
- To prepare and follow up on valuation instructions.
- To submit customer’s credit facility proposal in a timely manner and coordinate the facility drawdown process with all concerned parties.
- To interact with internal and external parties including treasury, lawyers, valuers, syndication arrangers, and agents.
- To prepare status reports and credit reviews periodically; and
- To promote and enhance the Bank’s reputation.
- To monitor and control designated account’s irregular performance in accordance to the bank’s guideline.
- To perform analysis on target companies relating to business, industry, strategy and financials.
- To prepare financial model including developing and evaluating financial projections.
- To submit credit facility proposals and related reports in a timely manner and coordinate loan documentation and facility drawdown with all concerned parties.
- To write credit proposal/reviews and reports for risk assessment/control.
- To review finance documents to ensure alignment on terms between credit approval and legal documents.
- To keep abreast of the latest banking regulations, the Bank’s lending policies, internal rating models and other market developments.
- To monitor designated accounts’ performance and any irregularity in accordance to the Bank’s guidelines.
- To provide administrative supports (e.g. KYC, account opening, ALM compliance check) and cover to the Business Manager or other senior staff if necessary.
- To provide support and cover for other business managers / officers when they are off.
- To provide support and cover for other Business Manager/Officers if necessary.
- To assist supervisors in achieving departmental objectives;
- To assist the team to build up and manage a portfolio of corporate customers.
- To ensure own personal development/performance objectives achieved;
- To be a role model for the team and help supervise other clerical staff (if applicable); and
- To build and maintain good business contacts with various internal and external counterparties.
Compliance & Risk Management
- Comply with all applicable regulations, rules, codes, guidelines and standards set by regulators and the Bank, and carry out duties with high integrity.
- Adhere to all established risk control guidelines, procedures and measures to identify, assess, report, mitigate and monitor the risks involved in the day-to-day work.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Proficient in spoken and written Cantonese and English.
- Hands on experience in commercial lending business in the UK
- University graduate in Economics, Business, Finance, Legal, Real Estate or related disciplines.
- Credit and marketing experience in a financial services organisation.
- Ability to analyse data, information and write credit proposals.
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Proficient in Moody’s Analytics, S&P Capital IQ and/or Bloomberg an advantage.
- Knowledge in relation to general banking law and regulation, deposit, loan and other financial products an advantage.
- Experience in handling Real Estate finance transaction.
- Knowledge in property valuation and UK property markets an advantage.
- Familiar with loan syndication market an advantage.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Mandarin speaking jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Mandarin speaking job - Receptionist (Part-Time)-London-rj
£28-33k pro rata, depending on experience | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 22310
Banking Job-Banking Operations Officer, Mandarin speaking-London-ww
£Competitive | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 22365
Banking Job-Mandarin speaking Operations Treasury Associate-London-rj
up to £48k depending on experience + bonus | Permanent - Hybrid | Central London | Ref: 22431
Banking Job-Mandarin speaking Treasury Dealer-London-wm
£Depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 22210