New Job-Cantonese OR Mandarin speaking Credit Assessment Manager / Officer (Banking)-rj-London
- up to £60k depending on experience + bonus
- Central London
- Ref: 21600
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Job Title: Cantonese OR Mandarin speaking Credit Assessment Manager / Officer (Banking), London
Function Title: Senior Risk Manager / Risk Manager / Assistant Risk Manager / Senior Risk Officer could be considered depending on seniority and experience
The Skills You'll Need: Fluent in Cantonese OR Mandarin, Credit Assessment and Credit Risk experience in Banking
Your New Salary: up to £60k depending on experience + bonus
Location: Central London
Job status: Permanent
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- can speak and write fluent Cantonese OR Mandarin
- can speak and write fluent English
- have Credit Risk and Credit Assessment experience in Banking
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
Responsible for developing and maintaining the Bank’s Credit Risk Management Framework. Carry out a second line credit risk function by directly organising and undertaking a programme of regular reviews of the first line credit risk function, reviewing compliance with the Credit Risk Management Manual and overviewing credit quality and standards.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Gathering financial information on the customer creditworthiness, analysing the information, and deciding whether to offer credit to the customer (risk assessment). Negotiating repayment plans or instigating legal action if recovery proves difficult (debt recovery or insolvency work).
- Accountable for the review of quality applications and declined applications.
- Ensure all credit risk policies are current & fit for purpose and provide guidance on operational functions that surround these policies.
- Ensure all transactions and processing are in compliance with regulatory rules and guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with current banking legislation and procedures.
- Carry out ad-hoc projects for the department.
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to members on the team to facilitate their development and achievement of their objectives.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Proficient with Cantonese OR Mandarin and English in reading and speaking.
- Senior Risk Manager / Risk Manager / Assistant Risk Manager / Senior Risk Officer could be considered depending on seniority and working experience in wholesale banking and retail banking experience
- High level of credit risk analysis and credit assessment skills
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- CeMap qualification preferred but not a must
- An understanding of the current regulatory regime applicable to banking institutions
- Background of operating and managing within a control environment and compliance with operating procedures and risk policies
- The ability to communicate effectively at a senior level with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Have good judgment, sound business sense and the ability to make decisions.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Chinese speaking jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Job-Senior Risk Control Officer - Liquidity Risk Team- London - M
£Very competitive + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21566
Mandarin speaking Job-Banking Trade Services Clerk-London-M
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21277
Mandarin speaking Job-Financial Markets Business Development-Debt Capital Markets, Senior Associate-London-iw
£Competitive plus (paid overtime when necessary) + bonus + benefits. | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21403
New Job - Operations Officer, Facilities - London - rj
up to £35k depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21565