Cantonese speaking Job-Business Manager - Commercial Lending-rj-London
- up to £60k depending on experience + bonus
- Central London
- Ref: 21539
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Chinese Job Title: Cantonese Speaking Business Manager - Commercial Lending, London
The Skills You'll Need: Fluent in Cantonese and English, client relationship experience in corporate banking
Your New Salary: up to £60k depending on experience + bonus
Location: Central London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- can speak and write fluent Cantonese and English
- have relationship management experience in corporate banking
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
- To monitor designated loan (Commercial and Corporate lending) portfolio.
- To cultivate new business.
- To prepare credit proposals and periodic credit review reports.
- To liaise with Risk Management Department during pre-approval stage on credit risk related matters.
- To work closely with Loan Support & Services Department during post-approval stage on loan documentation matters.
- To develop business relationship with existing and prospective counterparties with a view to cultivating future business and promote the Bank’s reputation.
- To supervise and provide coaching for subordinates through on the job training.
- To develop strategies, tactics & action plans so as to achieve key performance targets.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- To develop new business opportunity and contacts.
- To build and maintain close business relationships with customers and counterparties to ensure compliance with the 'know your customer’ requirement.
- To submit credit facility proposal in a timely manner and coordinate the facility drawdown process with all concerned parties.
- To establish good working relationship with other counterparties / intermediaries, e.g. brokers, solicitors, accountants, valuers and overseas colleagues etc.
- To prepare regular credit reviews on customer accounts.
- To keep abreast with the current banking regulation, the Bank’s lending policy and latest market condition.
- To work smart so as to improve quality and efficiency.
- To monitor and control designated account’s irregular performance in accordance to the bank’s guidelines.
- To perform tasks in a timely manner as directed by the Management.
- To provide support and cover for other teammates when they are off.
- To maximize team/bank performance.
- To set challenging performance and development objectives for all reporting staff.
- Training and Competence - identify training needs; provide regular feedback and coaching to ensure that their maximum potential is achieved.
- To ensure own personal development objectives are achieved.
- To manage resource to most effectively / efficiently achieve departmental and bank objectives.
- To ensure team works compliantly to bank/legal/regulatory standards and requirements.
- To work closely with other sections of BDD to achieve bank objectives.
- To perform any task as directed by the Management.
- To be leader and role model.
- Compliance & Risk Management
- To comply with all applicable regulations, rules, codes, guidelines and standards set by regulators and the Bank, and carry out duties with high integrity.
- To adhere to risk control guidelines, procedures and measures to identify, assess, report, mitigate and monitor the risks involved in the day-to-day work.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Proficient with Cantonese and English in reading and speaking.
- University graduate in economics, business administration or related disciplines.
- Solid hands-on experience in commercial lending / corporate finance business.
- Credit experience, documentation experience in proposing and negotiating both internally and externally credit and covenant structures and loan documentation.
- Competency in financial analysis and credit structuring, understanding and applying credit policy, and credit monitoring and risk administration practices.
- Comprehensive written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel, plus Moody's Analytics an advantage.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Chinese speaking jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Job-Senior Risk Control Officer - Liquidity Risk Team- London - M
£Very competitive + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21566
Mandarin speaking Job-Banking Trade Services Clerk-London-M
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21277
Mandarin speaking Job-Financial Markets Business Development-Debt Capital Markets, Senior Associate-London-iw
£Competitive plus (paid overtime when necessary) + bonus + benefits. | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21403
New Job - Operations Officer, Facilities - London - rj
up to £35k depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21565