New Job-Risk Analyst-London-ww
- £Competitive depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 21382
Your New Job Title: Risk Analyst, London
The Skills You'll Need: Risk analysis experience in finance, with a focus on market risk
Your New Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Location: Central London
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates have/are:
- have risk analysis experience in finance, with a focus on market risk
- have good liquidity risk, credit risk and operational risk knowledge
- have advanced Excel modelling skills
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
About The Role:
- As a new hire for the Risk team to support the growing business with main responsibility in risk reporting - the main focus is on market risk but good working knowledge of other areas (such as liquidity risk, credit risk, operational risk etc) are required as well to support a small risk team
- Report to the Head of Risk
- Other duties as delegated by the management
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Daily monitoring and reporting of market risk vs approved risk limits: prop trading (position, IM, FX, tenor, Mifid II), lending rules, CF, P&L
- Review of market risk limits - prop trading (outright/carry position, IM, FX, tenor, option, P&L), LME Select PTRM, TT trader limits etc.
- Assess new trading desks/strategies and relevant limits
- Support annual review of risk policies (risk management policy, market risk policy, operational risk policy, NPA, reverse stress testing, liquidity risk policy)
- Daily assessment and reporting of liquidity risk
- Monthly update of liquidity model parameter: CCP Default fund, largest margin movements, unmatched trades, client TPL etc.
- Support the ongoing review, update and documentation of the liquidity risk model and assumptions.
- Backtesting of the liquidity model assumptions
- Review of stress testing scenarios used in liquidity assessment in light of new products, regulatory requirements and annual reviews
- Monthly update of operational risk register: summary of risk events (booking errors, IT incidents…), trading errors
- Support annual assessment of operational risk (ORCA) (key risks, KRI….) and reporting to ARC/Board
- Support new product launch: market data, valuation and margin methodology validation and documentation, risk reporting of new portfolio and new risk data, design, and test risk report (position, valuation, risk, PnL)
- Support annual review of new products through post approval evaluation
- Maintain a risk register to highlight key business risk and report to risk committee
- Support committee work: Risk Committee, Audit and Risk Committee - prepare agenda, meeting pack, minutes
- Other risk reporting duties: Monthly MI, ARC/Board meeting MI (market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, NPA)
- Support the credit risk team where required, such as daily reports, client assessments
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned by the management.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- knowledge and experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies, and practices
- Proven ability to oversee a number of risk types, including market, liquidity, operational risk etc. with a focus on market risk
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory regime.
- Experience with the commodities and energy market.
- Strong financial analytical skills
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Multilingual Job-B2B Customer Service Associate - Contractor Development (German or French or Spanish speaking)-London-M
£42,000 annual base salary, with opportunity to earn annual target incentives of c£5,000 - £7,000 dependent on individual performance and company performance. | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21520
Mandarin speaking Job-IT Analyst-London-M
to £35k + benefits (Depending on the experience) | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21518
Mandarin speaking Job-Relationship Manager-Corporate Banking Department-London-M
£Very competitive + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21491
Mandarin speaking Job-Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking-London-rj
£60-80k depending on seniority + good bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21299