New Job-Financial Accountant/ Finance Manager-London-ww
- £Competitive depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 21373
Your New Job Title: Financial Accountant/ Finance Manager, London
The Skills You'll Need: Relevant experience in the financial services sector
Your New Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job status: 6 months contract, potential to go to permanent, subject to performance
Location: Central London
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates have/are:
- have accounting experience in the financial services sector
- have ACA, ACCA or CPA (fully qualified or at the final stage)
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
Overall purpose of the role:
- Management of the day to day financial operations of the Company
- Daily and monthly reporting of financial management information (P&Ls, financial resources, liquidity etc.)
- Preparation and distribution of comprehensive analysis of the company's financial performance (relative to comparable historical periods, budget, and forecast), including qualitative commentary on business trends, on a timely basis and assisting in the production of financial reports to the Board as required.
- Regular FCA reporting returns
- Preparation of statutory, fiscal and regulatory filings in a timely manner
- Help to build business capabilities by carrying through strategically important projects.
- Assist in the development of financial and tax strategies
- Maintain rigorous control over costs
- Maintain and enhance the Company's finance policies
Financial Risk Management
- Ensure full compliance with FCA regulatory capital requirements and financial reporting requirements
- Monitor cash balances and maintain rolling cash flow forecasts to ensure the company maintains sufficient liquidity at all times
- Manage and monitor financial control systems
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of internal and external auditors and regulators
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their recommendations and findings
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Develop financial data and reports for business management in the form and at the frequency required by the Deputy Head of Finance and the Board. Provide management information of a financial nature
- Ongoing management of the Company’s financial resources requirement and liquidity position
- Ensure that the monthly financial statements and annual accounts are prepared in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with statutory requirements and accounting standards
- Prepare and maintain policy and procedure manuals in finance and accounting areas.
- Monitor operating expenses and capital expenditure to ensure adherence to budget limits
- Assistance in the preparation of the Company budgets and monitor and assess progress towards their achievement
- In conjunction with other business managers, ensure that adequate accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance areas are maintained
- Ensure that the taxation affairs of the Company are planned and managed so as to optimise the tax position
- Co-ordinate the external audit function of books and records, and statutory and regulatory financial statements.
- Other ad hoc projects
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CPA) with international accounting firms experience
- Working experience in the financial services sector
- A strong understanding of derivative markets. Knowledge of LME will be advantageous (but not a requirement).
- A strong understanding of FCA capital requirement regulations
- A strong understanding of accounting standards and theory, and financial management principles and techniques, including planning, forecasting and budgeting, and the ability to apply them effectively in a financial services environment
- Knowledge of UK taxation requirements
- Proficiency in making financial evaluations and judgements and an ability to present recommendations, both oral and written.
Start date: ASAP
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Multilingual Job-B2B Customer Service Associate - Contractor Development (German or French or Spanish speaking)-London-M
£42,000 annual base salary, with opportunity to earn annual target incentives of c£5,000 - £7,000 dependent on individual performance and company performance. | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21520
Mandarin speaking Job-IT Analyst-London-M
to £35k + benefits (Depending on the experience) | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21518
Mandarin speaking Job-Relationship Manager-Corporate Banking Department-London-M
£Very competitive + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21491
Mandarin speaking Job-Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking-London-rj
£60-80k depending on seniority + good bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21299