New Job-Risk Analyst (Market Risk)-London-rj
- £40-50k depending on experience + banking benefits
- Central London
- Ref: 21246
Your New Job Title: Risk Analyst (Market Risk), London
The Skills You'll Need: Fluent English, with good Market Risk experience in Banking / Finance
Your New Salary: £40-50k depending on experience + banking benefits
Location: Central London
Report to: Deputy Head of Risk
Job status: Permanent
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- speak and write fluent English
- have experience in Market Risk Analysis, Risk Monitoring, Risk Reporting, or Market Risk Review in Banking or Finance industry
- have advanced EXCEL skills
- have basic VBA skills
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
To assist the risk oversight of the Risk Management department. This includes performing regular risk monitoring, reporting, and ad-hoc risk analysis, ensuring reporting accuracy, supporting credit and market risks review, preparing risk opinion on new and existing clients and making contribution to risk policy and procedures reviews. The analyst will also provide support and facilitate to the risk and credit related committees.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Monitor and Report to senior management on credit and market risk exposure of the Branch.
- Assist Credit Risk Analyst in preparing risk opinion on new and existing deals and transactions submitted by Front Office;
- Input, monitor and review the limits in system.
- Alert and follow up any limit excess, and ensure the corrective actions and procedures are followed;
- Generate regular market risk report and provide exposures analysis;
- Assist Deputy Head of Risk to Perform stress testing, scenario analysis, simulations regularly for the portfolio;
- Constantly endeavour to improve market risk management process and procedures.
- Liaise with Treasury, Finance and management committees for all risk monitoring and reporting management issues;
- Facilitate secretarial work for Credit Committee and Risk Committee.
- Provide maintenance to the risk reports and ensure the reporting procedures are updated regularly.
- Provide assistance in policy review.
- Deal with relevant regulatory reporting as required.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Fluent English in spoken and written; Mandarin isn’t essential but would be an advantage.
- Working experience in Market Risk analysis in Banking or Finance.
- Be able to work with various stakeholders from different backgrounds and cultures within the company
- Advanced level of working knowledge in MS Excel and Word.
- Basic VBA modelling.
- Good understanding about the Banking industry.
- Banking and Financial credential are desirable.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Multilingual Job-B2B Customer Service Associate - Contractor Development (German or French or Spanish speaking)-London-M
£42,000 annual base salary, with opportunity to earn annual target incentives of c£5,000 - £7,000 dependent on individual performance and company performance. | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21520
Mandarin speaking Job-IT Analyst-London-M
to £35k + benefits (Depending on the experience) | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21518
Mandarin speaking Job-Relationship Manager-Corporate Banking Department-London-M
£Very competitive + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21491
Mandarin speaking Job-Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking-London-rj
£60-80k depending on seniority + good bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21299