Mandarin Speaking Job - Procurement Coordinator - London
- Central London
- Ref: 21188
Your New Job Title: Mandarin Speaking Procurement Coordinator
The Skills You'll Need: Mandarin fluent, Chemicals, Polymers, PVC, Plastic, Procurement, Sales
Your New Salary: £35-40k
Location: Central London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Who You'll Be Working for: Trading companysupplying Raw Materials and Machinery to meet the needs of manufacturing companies.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
Support the Packaging Raw Materials Manager in sustaining and growing trading business predominately to the African region & Middle East for plastic resins & aluminium slugs. The division maintains a database of suppliers, customers, and products. The jobholder is responsible for managing their part of this valuable tool. Although the jobholder has a defined brief with specific performance targets in the Business Plan, the Division must be flexible in responding to authentic development opportunities.
The emphasis is on teamwork. The jobholder must work closely with designated operational support staff outside the Trading Department. Particular importance should be placed upon a close working relationship with the Documentary and Logistics departments, regional rep offices, ensuring a two-way flow of information and maintaining the disciplines to allow effective risk management.
- Maintain relationship with existing suppliers and develop new suppliers for similar & new products with a particular emphasis on the Chinese supply market.
- Regular visits to suppliers and customers (subject travel restrictions) and provide reports to Line Manager.
- Contracts management on SAP system including generating sales and purchase orders, proforma invoices, maintaining customer database and shipments summary spreadsheets.
- Report to Line Manager in an organised and regular manner about developments in the marketplace including activities of competitors and matters relating to the suppliers. A proactive attitude is essential & the job holder must liaise closely to ensure views & comply needs are best met and represented.
- Provide monthly progress reports detailing business development prospects, current enquiries, and all other relevant data.
- Take an active role in dispute resolution and mitigation of any claims which may from time-to-time arise
- Expedite contracts through shipment and final out-turn to ensure company obligations are filled.
- Liaise closely with the regional offices, Logistics, Documentary and Accounts team to ensure they are clear about what is required of them and that concerned parties work as a team to achieve the Company’s overall objectives.
- Acquire knowledge and expertise in relevant geographies and products enabling the company to offer informed and timely market intelligence.
- Seek out trade in relevant products wherever it represents itself within the Divisional remit.
- To be actively engaged in the risk analysis and selection of key accounts.
- Commit accurate and relevant intelligence to the Division’s databases.
- To participate in the Division’s continuous education and upgrading of information technology.
- To share information and data with the line manager and to agree common strategy for similar products within the department.
- Experience in Trading/Import Export industry essential.
- Experience with chemicals, polymers, PVC , plastics.
- Procurement experience especially with Chinese suppliers.
- Knowledge of shipping procedure / documentation / letter of credit preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal Mandarin language essential.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Procurement, Supply Chain and Demand Planning jobs from People First Supply Chain in London, your Supply Chain recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Credit & Market Risk Manager-London-W
Competitive | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21199
Mandarin speaking Job-Credit Portfolio Officer-London-M
£Depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21041
Mandarin speaking Job-Sales Consultant / Sales Manager (Real Estate)-London-ww
£25-35k + commission depending on seniority **Consultant - OTE £40-50k **Team Leader - OTE £60-70k **Manager - OTE £90-100k | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20320
Mandarin speaking Job-System Administrator (Investment Bank)-London-rj
£Highly competitive depending on experience + bonus | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20827