New Job-Application & Operations Support (Banking)-London
- £54,000 per annum + benefits
- Central London, Greater London
- Ref: 21187
Your New Job Title: Application & Operations Support (Banking)
The Skills You'll Need: Previous application support in banking area
Your New Salary: up to £54,000 per annum + benefits
Location: East London
Who You'll Be Working for: an international IT company
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Managing and supporting ETL process, troubleshooting ETL jobs and other internal systems including nightly/early morning batch processing in the event of failure. Implementing solutions (Code fix, SQL scripting etc), including checking Windows Servers, Databases (SQL Server or Oracle) and any other relevant environments where the system is running. In some cases, this will involve liaising with other application support team staff in both London and New York.
- Out of office hours support is also required as part of the Application and Operations support team
- Liaising with the relevant support teams (such as Technical Support, Network, Infrastructure, DBA) when users experience system issues.
- Communicating with primary support Helpdesk staff in London and New York to give the team any necessary advice and suggestions.
- Working with the team members and the wider Development team to establish best practices to support systems.
- Working with the wider Development team and other support teams to analyse and establish appropriate systems configuration to meet Business requirements.
- Contributing and regularly joining technical and design workshops within the team to suggest ideas to achieve stable system operations.
- Critically and actively contributing to define system support standards to ensure their applications are fully capable of running safely in production.
- Participating in exercises to plan and estimate work volumes for system supports.
- Working with the application release team in the rollout of applications in production that minimize system failures after release.
- Assessing performance, scalability and security matters across design and implementation phases.
- Following internal procedures of ticketing in the event of failure to ensure appropriate updates in the communications across the Business and with any relevant people.
- Participating in the definition and configuration of system environment in Disaster Recovery sites.
- Supporting the continuous improvement and updating system support methodology for all members of the support team, as well as the wider system support departments.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Understanding of Windows environments.
- Understanding of Database Engines
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Quality-orientated and self-motivated.
- Hands on experience with in-house application supports running on critical production environments.
- Hands on experience with Data analysis through SQL language (such as PL/SQL or T-SQL)
- Early morning or late night shift working as required.
- Weekend/Bank Holidays working (occasionally).
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Mon to Fri, 9:00 - 17:00
|LINE: https://lin.ee/E0qrkMu @538iaiig|
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Japanese speaking jobs from People First Team Japan in London, your Japanese recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Japanese Speaking Job - Client Delivery Analyst -Graduate
£28,000-£33,000/year(depends on experience) | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21197
New Job - Network Server Engineer - London
up to £33,000 per annum + travel allowance up to Zone 6 | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20576
New Job - Sales Account Manager - ICT products - London
up to £38,000 per annum + travel allowance | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21145
Japanese Speaking Job - HR/ General Affairs Administrator - London
£25-30K (bonus included) | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21119