New Job-Assistant Market Risk Analyst (Trading Oil)-London-rj
- £Highly competitive + good benefits
- Central London, Greater London
- Ref: 21121
Your New Job Title: Assistant Market Risk Analyst (Trading Oil)
Your New Salary: Highly competitive + good benefits
Job status: Permanent
Location: West London
Reporting to: Risk Manager
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- speak and write fluent English
- have a degree (or above) in highly numerate subject, such as Mathematics (Statistics), Natural Sciences or Economics
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
An Assistant Market Risk Analyst is required to perform daily risk reporting tasks, and to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the risks associated with the physical trading books. Additionally they will provide general assistance to the risk manager.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Preparation and distribution of P&L and exposure reporting to traders and senior management.
- Explain the daily P&L swings
- Preparation and distribution of Value at Risk reports, advising management of any limit breach and the potential action to be taken.
- Daily validation of forward curves
- Maintenance and improvement of system referential data
- Development and improvement of risk reporting tools, metrics and measures.
- Constant monitoring of the pricing exposure (flat prices, spreads, etc) and of the correct daily pricing out trades
- Help traders on 'ad-hoc requests'
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
- Educated to degree level or degree level qualification, ideally in a highly numerate subject, such as Mathematics (Statistics), Natural Sciences or Economics.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Able to communicate clearly and build a good working relationship with traders and senior management.
- Fresh graduate is welcome; previous experience of working (through intern or sandwich course arrangement) in a regulated environment preferred but not essential.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Mandarin speaking jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Mandarin speaking Job-Senior Credit Analyst-London-M
£Competitive depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21105
New Job-Market Risk Analyst- Banking (12-month FTC)-London-M
up to £40k depending on experience | Contract | Central London | Ref: 21047
Mandarin speaking Job-Design Studio Administrator-London-M
£depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21135
Mandarin speaking Job-Credit Manager or Credit Analyst (Banking)-Depending on experience-London-M
£Salary and job title might vary depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21123