Mandarin speaking Job-Settlement Officer-London-rj
- £Highly competitive depending on experience
- Central London, Greater London
- Ref: 21108
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Mandarin Job Title: Mandarin Chinese Speaking Settlement Officer, London
The Skills You'll Need: Fluent Mandarin and English, relevant Treasury / Settlement experience
Your New Salary: Highly competitive depending on experience
Job status: Permanent
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- speak and write fluent Mandarin Chinese
- have relevant Treasury / Settlement experience
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Cash management - Reporting flow of cash in and out of the company. Liaising with other finance centres and other Sinopec entities accordingly, re cash/funding requirements/reporting.
- Collating of all Treasury payments to be made on any given day.
- Checking/Processing of payment instructions - Sending signed instructions to bank either via fax or electronic means. At same time checking that bank instructions are complete, compliant and not compromised.
- Booking/Reconciling of loans/loan positions with house banks - booking of loans/deposits as per corporate requirements, ensuring that loan rates/maturities are correct.
- Debtors/Creditors reporting to identify where payments have not been made on time/funds have not been received on due date.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries - SWIFT requests, Bank Audit Letters, Returned Payments/Unallocated Receipts, Bank statement reconciliation against in-house systems/payment instructions.
- Advise Treasury Manager of any issues (i.e. loan rates too high/banks not processing payment) with banks so that they can be discussed at next review.
- Capture and maintain banking SSI’s from Counterparties for compliance reasons
- Maintaining Bank Mandates/Signatory lists updated as/when required
- Ensuring data on in house OTS system is accurately and timely input/maintained
- Fulfil any other tasks that the Company may reasonably assign to you from time to time, according to business needs
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Fluency in Business Mandarin and English
- Degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Business Management or related field
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office products
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven experience working in a Treasury department
- Experience working in the settlement or treasury department of a major bank or commodity house will be desirable but not essential
- Awareness of issues/sanctions regarding the worldwide remittance of funds
- Proven organisational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise work
- Approachable with a demonstrable willingness & flexibility to support the Company as and when required
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Mandarin speaking jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Multilingual Job-B2B Customer Service Associate - Contractor Development (German or French or Spanish speaking)-London-M
£42,000 annual base salary, with opportunity to earn annual target incentives of c£5,000 - £7,000 dependent on individual performance and company performance. | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21520
Mandarin speaking Job-IT Analyst-London-M
to £35k + benefits (Depending on the experience) | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21518
Mandarin speaking Job-Relationship Manager-Corporate Banking Department-London-M
£Very competitive + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21491
Mandarin speaking Job-Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking-London-rj
£60-80k depending on seniority + good bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 21299