Supply Chain Job-Supply Chain Operations Manager-London
- Central London
- Ref: 21004
Your New Supply Chain Job Title: Supply Chain Operations Manager, London
Your New Job Title: Supply Chain Operations Manager
Your New Salary: £40-50k
Location: Central London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 45 hours per week
Who You'll Be Working for:
Fast growing health and beauty business
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will drive the team and the agenda of Logistics (inbound, B2B and B2C outbound, warehouse and reworking operations), to improve operations, service level, cost and the customer experience in the UK and North America. You will manage one member of staff directly.
You will liaise with the inventory and transport planning function as well as with the parallel logistics function located in Italy for European and emerging markets.
Your key challenge will be to drive our digital transformation agenda and to achieve customer centricity and process/cost optimization.
Your role will be focused on:
- Service towards B2B and B2C customers and Sales
- Logistics budget management
- 3PL performance management
- Project and process management
- Staff management
As a Supply Chain Operations Manager, you will:
- Manage agreements with logistics partners and 3PL providers
- Work with the inventory planner to determine shipments and arrival plans: monitor inbound flows
- Plan and implement business process flows with the UK and North American 3PLs, ensuring service level targets are met and overseeing product storage, handling and distribution are executed as per contract terms
- Manage Retail orders and monitor B2C order execution and relevant replenishment rules, setting objectives and metrics, a set of KPI and constantly analysing performance
- Minimise logistics and freight costs, while maintaining quality of service
- Manage and motivate the internal team and relationship with 3PL account managers and staff
- Manage and minimise the operational risks that could affect or interrupt the supply chain
- Liaise with the regulatory function to ensure product master data is updated throughout the supply chain (internal system, vendor systems)
- Improve the overall supply chain performance and foster process innovations
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and implement savings throughout the supply chain
- Implement new technologies and stay alert to new trends and developments in the industry.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Supply chain management experience within FMCG
- Logistics and customs knowledge
- Experience of working with large retailers
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong planning and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel
- SAP exposure would be a big plus!
- Attention to detail and analysis of the circumstances, a positive attitude toward customers and vendors, precision and care for data will be key elements for success.
- A well organised agenda, time management, efficiency, problem solving and a "can do"/positive attitude is necessary to succeed in this role.
- Excellent communicator.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Procurement, Supply Chain and Demand Planning jobs from People First Supply Chain in London, your Supply Chain recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Supply Chain Job-Implementation Lead - Supply Chain-London
c£450-550 p/day PAYE or £590-720 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £117-143k per annum | Contract | Central London | Ref: 20991
New job-HR Administrator
£28-33k dependant on experience plus up to 10% bonus & other company benefits | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 21013
Supply Chain Job-Head of Purchasing-London
£40k | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20691
Supply Chain Job-Global Procurement Manager (Software, IT Services, Core Tech, Networks)-London
up to £523 p/day PAYE or £685 p/day umbrella (inside IR35)*equivalent of up to £136k | Temporary | Central London | Ref: 21003