Mandarin speaking Job-Assistant Project Manager (Construction)-London-rj
- £30-40k depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 20987
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Mandarin Job Title: Mandarin Speaking Assistant Project Manager (Construction), London
Your New Salary: £30-40k depending on experience
Location: East London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- speak and write fluent Mandarin and English
- have experience / academic background related to Construction / Civil Engineering / Architect
- are willing to work on site (locations may vary depending on projects)
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
- Day to day communication with HQ for production, shipping and material call off.
- Day to day communication with shipping and delivery agency for site delivery plan.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Fully effectively manage the 'no barrier’ communication process with the HQ, having day to day communication with HQ. Report to / cooperate with, and assist the Project Manager / Installation Manager in his duties.
- Communicate with HQ design department to monitor the design progress including the system design and the further design, for example workshop drawings.
- Report to the Project Manager during the design progress.
- Monitor the YE design progress against programme in order to ensure timely approvals, and report delays to the PM.
- Monitor the further design progress in HQ to allow procurement and manufacture operations to be on time;
- Communicate and cooperate with HQ procurement and planning department to monitor the progress of procurement, production and shipping activities and report potential risks to the Project Manager;
- Cooperate with HQ planning department for programming and updating.
- Coordinate and discuss material packing methods with the Project Managers / Installation Managers and HQ.
- Prepare material call offs to-site in conjunction with the Installation Manager;
- Cooperate with HQ QA department for Quality control issues, including correct material label marking; report quality issues back to HQ using NCR procedures; mange the feedback process;
- Manage the site material control and logistics;
- Assist the Project manager to produce, update and adjust the project programme according to the latest site and HQ information
- Manage the Project weekly report to HQ and ensure that the PM is supplied with the HQ weekly progress report to site on-time.
- Raise PA including Plant & Equipment, material procurement and installation.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Background in technical, construction and design is preferred
- Experience / Knowledge in the construction or engineering industry
- Experience / Knowledge in façade engineering including design and field operation is preferred
- A good level of experience / knowledge in dealing with Chinese manufacturers and suppliers of construction products
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Mandarin speaking jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New job-HR Administrator
£28-33k dependant on experience plus up to 10% bonus & other company benefits | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 21013
Mandarin speaking Job-Banking IT Assistant (PSW Considered)-London-lj
£Depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20832
Mandarin speaking Job-Accountant, Product Control- Banking-London-ww
Up to £55k+£2k cash allowance per annum | Contract | Central London | Ref: 20945
Mandarin speaking Job-Area Sales Manager (PSW visa can be considered)-ww
to £30k + Commission + Benefits | Permanent | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20993