Japanese Speaking Job - ESG Investment - London
- Up to£90,000 plus bonus
- Central London
- Ref: 20958
Your New Job Title: ESG Investment (JAPANESE speaker)
The Skills You'll Need: ESG, investment, corporate governance, Asset Management, Sustainable finance, Japanese
Your New Salary: Up to £90,000 plus bonus
Who You'll Be Working for: Asset Management
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
Engagement: lead engagement for a defined set of companies and public policy & market best practice objectives consistent with the Engagement Plan
- Lead a programme of company engagement through detailed company research and consultation with investment colleagues, development of an engagement strategy and objectives on material issues, building relationships across the company including at board and ExCo level, development of a regular dialogue and meetings – in line with agreed KPIs.
- Supporting and/ or collaborating on engagements of other engagers across the team to deliver wider team goals, as well as oversee allocated engagements of junior colleagues.
- Demonstrate impact achieved through engagement via timely, high quality summaries of engagement work for clients, to be presented verbally or in writing.
- Oversee, edit or write responses to public policy consultations and engage with policy makers
- Develop allocated market, sector and/ or theme stewardship strategies including identifying market leading opportunities for impact
- Lead (develop and deliver) a market leadership research and engagement initiative to support the whole team in achieving tangible change in a targeted combination of priority markets, themes and sectors.
Stewardship integration and client engagement:
- Collaborating with in-house fund investment teams on approaches to enhance and strengthen ESG integration into investment strategies.
- Developing joint strategies for engagement and taking part in joint stewardship activities.
Voting & ESG data products: Deliver voting recommendations and content for other ESG-related client products
- Make voting recommendations to clients on time and in line with relevant agreed voting policies, including advising clients on high profile voting decisions via alerts and recording all recommendations and their rationale
- Develop and maintain EOS’ voting policy for allocated countries/issues
- Undertake research on allocated companies for ESG products for clients such as on controversial companies
- Demonstrate good judgement to know when to escalate uncertain or controversial issues to more senior team members.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Ability to communicate proficiently (verbally and in writing) in Japanese and English.
- The application of sustainability and corporate governance, business strategy, risk and communication issues applied to companies
- Significant experience in sustainability, governance, investor relations, finance, accountancy, internal audit, risk management or investment/ business consultancy, equity or debt research or legal advisory services.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), in a Business Studies, Finance, Accounting or Sustainability-related.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline (relevant Masters/PhD, ACCA, MBA, CFA, or other professional qualification e.g. qualified accountant or lawyer or similar) an advantage.
- A demonstrable understanding of corporate affairs and, ideally, the investment industry.
- Strong knowledge of major environmental, social and/or governance issues.
- Able to travel to relevant countries.
Job status: full-time, permanent
Start date: ASAP
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-team-japan
|LINE: https://lin.ee/E0qrkMu @538iaiig|
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Japanese speaking jobs from People First Team Japan in London, your Japanese recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Japanese speaking Job-Information Security Architect-London
£42,000 per annum + travel expense up to Zone 6 | Permanent | Central London | Ref:20562
Japanese Speaking Job - Accounts Assistant Manager
Up to £35,000 | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20978
Japanese Speaking Job - Sales Support/Admin
£20,000-£24,000/year | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20981
Japanese Speaking Job - Sales Administrator
£21,000 | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20928