New job-Food Quality Manager
- £32-35k plus 10% bonus plus fantastic benefits package!
- Greater London
- Ref: 20850
Your New Job Title: Food Quality Manager, London
The Skills You'll Need: Food Technology, Quality Assurance, HACCP, BRC, Customer Service
Your New Salary: £32-35k plus 10% bonus plus fantastic benefits package!
Location: WFH/Redhill, Surrey
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9-5.30pm
Who You'll Be Working for: Market leading food manufacturer.
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- have a food science degree or equivalent experience
- have a clean driving licence for driving in the UK and Europe
- worked in food safety previously working to HACCP and BRC standards
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Accountable for the day-to-day technical management of customers, meeting their needs and expectations, whilst respecting the Group quality policy & objectives.
- Support the Technical Account Manager (TAM) in ensuring customers’ needs and expectations are met, in building strong relationships with customers, in providing excellent customer service and in driving the customers’ technical agenda & improve performance.
- Monitor the quality of the products ensuring they meet the specifications and QAS at all times
- Manage customers’ technical requirements: updates & changes are tracked, interpreted, summarised and passed on to TAM for implementation
- Customers facing: Build strong and proactive relationships with customers meeting expectations, requirements, requests, tasks by the deadlines set
- Complete & send all documents / reports required by customers (QAS, KPIs, CoC, CoA, 3rd party certificates & reports, panels, scorecards, allergens questionnaires, supplier questionnaires)
- Organise customers’ audits & visits as per plan, attend (physically or remotely) and close the reports on time, with the support of the TAM if required
- Support Technical Controllers with co-packers move (move to co-packers and move to our own factories)
- Manage complaints (log, investigation, response, close off, assign responsibilities and charges)
- Approve SPIs (Specific Packing Instructions) and PIFs (Product Information Form)
- Manage basic issues with the depots (wrong sku, labelling, temperatures)
- Manage samples (order, bought in store, tastings, sending to customers)
- Work in partnership with Business Units ensuring technical topics are embedded in any day-to-day work
- Gather 3rd party certificates & reports for all factories
- Check artworks and assets, to ensure they are legal in the UK and in line with specifications
- Build strong & proactive relationships with colleagues, factories & divisions, co-packers and depots ensuring the information required is received to the expectations and deadlines set.
- Take initiatives and propose new ways of working to be simpler more efficient and quicker
- Raise awareness of issues related to food safety, legal and quality risks on products to TAM
- Cover for other QMs and Quality sensory coordinator when absent (for anything urgent), work to be coordinated with TAM
- Induction to new starters, on own account
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Food science degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Food Safety (HACCP) & BRC
- Experience with UK retailers and food services specifications systems
- Experience in providing excellent customer services
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at different levels
- Strong levels of analytical & curiosity & ability to cross-check information
- Good at planning and organizing workload to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using key software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Fluent in English
- Be able to travel in the UK & EU as and when required (Covid situation permitted)
- Clean driving license (1 year +)
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more jobs from People First Supply Chain in London, your Supply Chain recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Supply Chain Job-Procurement Administrator-London
c£25k | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20963
Supply Chain job - Order Management Coordinator
£30k plus 10% bonus, Private Healthcare, Excellent Pension | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20918
Multilingual Job - Korean Speaking Procurement Coordinator
£35k+10% bonus | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20919
Supply Chain Job-Head of Purchasing-London
£40k | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20691