Supply Chain Job-Head of Purchasing-London
- Central London
- Ref: 20691
Your New Supply Chain Job Title: Head of Purchasing, London
The Skills You'll Need: Purchasing, stock management, logistics, supply chain, forecasting
Your New Salary: £40k
Location: North London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5hr week
Who You'll Be Working for:
Leading global e-commerce beauty products business is seeking a highly motivated and thorough Head of Purchasing with experience in a similar role.
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- have experience of managing a purchasing team
- have worked in the FMCG sector
- have advanced Excel skills
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Manage the full procurement process including supplier intelligence, tendering, negotiation of prices & conditions and contract implementation
- Stock Management and forecasting - Keeping optimum stock level at all times, maintaining continuity of supply to production whilst managing slow moving stock and delisting products
- Manage the supply chain team liaising with production and the warehouse to ensure an efficient ordering process, eliminating ingredients shortages and wastages and as well as bringing stock of new ingredients/packaging in for new launches
- Actively contribute to projects (NPD, packaging change, new customer development) from a procurement and supply chain angle, making supplier constraints known
- Order fulfilment
- Raising Purchase Orders to order stock
- Accepting & fulfilling Purchase Orders from our customers
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure deliveries arrive on time
- Forecasting to ensure stock levels are appropriate to demand at all times
- Ordering stock from both UK and global suppliers
- Dealing with logistics, couriers & forwarders in order to receive international deliveries
- Using NetSuite system to manage stock
- Analysing sales data in order to forecast stock availability and consumption
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Driven & self-motivated, a strong planner and well organised.
- First class Excel ability and analytically minded.
- Looking to implement new processes.
- Previous experience managing a purchasing department.
- Ability to multi task, and work at pace
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and logistics contacts
- Happy working within an ever changing and fast paced company
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Procurement, Supply Chain and Demand Planning jobs from People First Supply Chain in London, your Supply Chain recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Supply Chain Job-Category Manager - Warehouse and Distribution-London
up to £349 p/day PAYE or £457 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £91k | Contract | Central London | Ref: 20702
New job-Finance Administrator
£9.35p/h | Temporary | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20707
Supply Chain Job-Korean Speaking Demand Planner (IT Solutions)
£30-35k | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20699
Supply Chain Job-Supply Chain Executive-London
£24-25k | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20692