New job-Principal Statistician-London
- up to £58 p/h PAYE or £76 p/h umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £113k
- Greater London
- Ref: 20618
Your New Job Title: Principal Statistician, London
Your New Daily rate: up to £58 p/h PAYE or £76 p/h umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £113k
Duration: Six month contract
Location: West London
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Job posting ID: JP88540
Who you'll be working for:
Our client a Major FTSE100 of ours who have fantastic offices in west London are looking for a Principal Statistician.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Perform appropriate design and analysis and interpret results without supervision.
- Learns and applies a wide range of statistical methods and adapts them to the work at hand, without supervision.
- Communicates on statistical issues related to assigned tasks, without supervision.
- Influences the statistical approach at study and project level without supervision. May research statistical literature.
- Understands practical issues and can offer statistical approaches that may be of benefit.
- Prepares and defines content of SAPs and review study reports without supervision. May define content of submission documentation including complex documents such as summary documents and regulatory responses initially with supervision.
- Develops and checks other people's programs, using formal QC procedures. Proficient in programming (i.e. SAS, R) and ideally of using HARP system (or if not able to quickly learn new tools and systems). Able to QC overall study deliverables.
- Supports communication, commercial and reimbursement activities
- Plans and works flexibly over multiple projects, which may involve a substantial team. Adapts plans according to business needs.
- Regular interactions with a broad range of customers.
- May be a representative on multi-disciplinary internal teams.
- May be lead contact for external organizations for projects.
- May identify recurring problems and initiate improvements.
- Uses statistical knowledge to influence strategy and direction at project level. Can effectively contribute to and review publications from a statistical perspective, can provide summaries of results with interpretation.
- Writes clearly and succinctly on statistical issues.
- Effectively communicates within major projects and influence customers effectively.
- Raises, discusses and resolves concerns/issues with relevant multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understands regulatory processes affecting their projects. May have knowledge of many therapeutic areas or considered an expert in one area. Understands regulatory processes.
- Adept at multi-tasking.
The skills you need to succeed:
Bachelors Degree /Masters Degree/Ph.D. which includes Statistics (preferably medical statistics) with extensive practical experience in applying Statistics in clinical trials, within a pharmaceutical company, CRO or academic organisation.
- Experience in design, analysis and interpretation of clinical trials results and demonstrated ability to do these without supervision.
- Knowledge of a wide range of statistical methods that are used in individual clinical trials and ideally across clinical trials (e.g. meta-analysis).
- Experience in communicating and influencing on statistical topics without supervision. Ideally has supported (or is able to support) communication, commercial and reimbursement activities including review of publications from a statistical perspective.
- Experience in developing SAPs and reviewing study reports without supervision. Ideally experience in defining content of submission documents including complex documents such as summary documents and regulatory responses.
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming in SAS (ideally R also). Ideally have experience in using HARP system or if not proven ability to quickly learn new tools and systems. Experience in developing and checking other people's programs, using formal QC procedures. Have an understanding of reporting standards (e.g. CDISC standards, SDTM, ADaM).
*Please note this Umbrella rate is the amount payable to Umbrella company - this does not represent what you will actually receive from the Umbrella company
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Procurement, Supply Chain and Demand Planning jobs from People First Supply Chain in London, your Supply Chain recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New job-Principal Biostatistician
up to £80 p/hour PAYE or £105 p/hour umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £167k | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20640
Japanese Speaking Job-Japanese language translator (Graduate Level)
£20,000-£25,000 | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20638
Japanese speaking job - Network Operator - London
£20,000 per annum | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20494
New job-Loans Admin Officer (Maternity Cover) -London
£230 per day (holiday pay inclusive) | Temporary | Central London | Ref: 20632