New job-Oncology Statistician-London
- up to £70p/h PAYE or £90p/h Umbrella, equivalent to £136k
- Greater London
- Ref: 20599
Your New Job Title: Oncology Statistician, London
Your New Daily rate: up to £70p/h PAYE or £90p/h Umbrella, equivalent to £136k
Duration: 12 month contract
Location: West London/Stevenage/WFH
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5 hours
Job posting ID: JP88542
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- have a Degree or PhD in statistics or related field
have experience as a statistician in a clinical trial setting for Oncology
have experience with programming in SAS or R
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
Who you'll be working for:
Our client, a Major FTSE100, who have fantastic offices are looking for an Oncology Statistician.
What you'll be doing each day:
Working on the development of new oncology therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients with cancer, in four areas of cancer research: Cancer Epigenetics, Immuno-Oncology, Oncology Cell & Gene Therapy and Synthetic Lethality.
Looking for talented and committed Statisticians to apply statistical skills and innovative statistical methodology to drive key contributions to the development of new medicines in the fight against cancer.
Join our team of industry leading experts in data analysis and methodologic research. Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians collaborate across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
- Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies.
- Influencing clinical development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to meet business needs.
- Identifying, developing and implementing novel statistical methodologies in support of medicines development.
- Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians have the opportunity to work across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Degree or PhD in statistics or related field
- Experience utilizing Bayesian methods and techniques
- Experience is programming for SAS or "R"
- Practical understanding of statistical modelling and its application to real world clinical problems
- Track record of strong performance in an academic or industry setting
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Relevant experience as a statistician in a clinical trial setting in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Expertise and practical application in multiple statistical methodologies
- Oncology experience
- Capable of applying innovative statistical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
- Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
- Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
- Experience of working with and coordinating the work of Clinical Research Organisations.
*Please note this Umbrella rate is the amount payable to Umbrella company - this does not represent what you will actually receive from the Umbrella company
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Procurement, Supply Chain and Demand Planning jobs from People First Supply Chain in London, your Supply Chain recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New job - eCommerce/eMarketing Effectiveness Lead - London
up to £207 PAYE or £271 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £54k pa. | Contract | Central London | Ref: 20751
New job-Trade Documents Operations Manager-London
up to £45k dependent on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20794
Supply Chain Job-Supply Chain Coordinator
£26-28k plus 10% bonus, Private Healthcare, Excellent Pension | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20717
Supply Chain Job-Supply Chain & Logistics Innovator
£30-34k | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20718