Cantonese Job-Credit Control Officer-rj
- Up to £40k (depending on experience) + banking benefits
- Central London
- Ref: 20589
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Job Title: Cantonese speaking Credit Control Officer, London
Your New Salary: Up to £40k (depending on experience) + banking benefits
Location: Central London
Job status: Permanent
Carry out the job responsibilities of credit control and recovery of Credit Risk Management Section of the department.
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- speak and type fluent Cantonese
- have Credit Control & Recovery experience in Banking or Finance organisations
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
· Liaise with BDD (Business Development Department) to contact customers in arrears or default where appropriate.
· Liaise with solicitors on impaired loan customers for legal proceedings.
· Highlight excess, past due and other irregularities in customer accounts. Liaise with BDD for further handling where relevant.
· Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on excess, past due and other irregular accounts.
· Carry out review of memos on downgrading/ upgrading of internal ratings.
· Prepare payment reminders, deadline or demand letters where relevant.
· Handle the recovery work and monitor the overall impairment loss and impaired loan ratio of the bank’s portfolio.
· Prepare MI on irregular accounts and assist in ad-hoc projects.
· Prepare periodic Matrix reporting to HO on credit related issues.
· Review & update the manuals including the Debt Recovery Section of the Credit Risk Management Manual; Regulated mortgage contracts: Policy and procedures in dealing fairly with customers with payment or sale shortfalls; Consumer Credit Lending - Arrears policies.
· Carry out consumer & HK company credit checking for UK branch and Bank group.
· Provide cover for Assistant Credit Analyst - Credit Assessment.
· Communicate closely and effectively with BDD to ensure that all irregular accounts are closely monitored with follow up action where appropriate.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
· Proficient in spoken and written English and Cantonese.
· High level of credit risk analysis skills
· Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Cantonese speaking and written skills
· An understanding of the current regulatory regime applicable to banking institutions
· Background of operating and managing within a control environment and compliance with operating procedures and risk policies
· The ability to communicate effectively at a senior level, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
· Have good judgment, sound business sense and the ability to make decisions
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Chinese jobs from People First Team China in London, your Cantonese & Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New job-Principal Biostatistician
up to £80 p/hour PAYE or £105 p/hour umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £167k | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20640
New job-Loans Admin Officer (Maternity Cover) -London
£230 per day (holiday pay inclusive) | Temporary | Central London | Ref: 20632
New job-National Account manager-M-London
Up to £65k depending on the experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20637
Multilingual Job-Korean speaking Supply Chain Manager-M-London
Up to £60k depending on the experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20636