Mandarin speaking Job-AVP-Relationship Management, non-Asia banks-iw-London
- £Competitive + bonus + benefits
- Central London
- Ref: 20515
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Job Title: AVP – Relationship Management, non-Asia banks, London
The Skills You'll Need: a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Finance or Economics, ideally with Masters (ideally in Business or Finance), CFA or equivalent industry qualification, senior relationship manager track record/experience covering institutional clients at a senior management level and good practical knowledge of Global Markets and Transactional Banking products.
Your New Salary: Competitive + bonus + benefits
Location: London and from home
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Finance or Economics, ideally with Masters (ideally in Business or Finance), CFA or equivalent industry qualification.
- Have demonstrated senior relationship manager track record/experience covering institutional clients at a senior management level.
- Good practical knowledge of Global Markets and Transactional Banking products
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Marketing of the bank’s products including syndicated and bilateral lending; structured deposits, fiduciary deposits and other Treasury services; Trading Centre activities including foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives, precious metal trading and repo trading; GFM services including foreign exchange and other derivatives; correspondent banking and clearing services; DCM; Trade Finance including trade loans and risk participation; and custodian services to non-Asian Banks.
- Prepare credit proposals for new business and annual reviews which include detailed credit and business analyses.
- Work closely with the specialist KYC/CDD processing team to ensure all necessary AML, KYC, KYB and transactional monitoring information is provided in a timely fashion in line with the respective KYC/CDD policies in order to complete due diligence on clients.
- When required, leading or participating in cross-departmental projects to develop or enhance the Bank’s new or existing products and services.
- Follow instructions and carry out the bank’s strategies and business objectives.
- Ensure client marketing is conducted within local jurisdiction Regulatory and Legal Requirements and Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for the international (non-Asian) bank relationships and associated profitability for London.
- Proactively develop existing client business through cross sell of relevant products and services to increase interest and non-interest income and optimise client RAROC.
- Developing new client relationships through marketing of relevant products and services to generate incremental interest and non-interest income.
- Work with colleagues from the second line of defence to identify and manage risks. This includes cooperation with Compliance colleagues to ensure that necessary regulatory guidelines are followed and with Risk Management colleagues to ensure guidelines are followed on risks such as operational, credit, market and sovereign risks.
- Provide guidance and other support to facilitate the successful operation of the London Branch and in particular the Financial Institutions Department, for example in organising and coordinating customer events and senior management visits as well as providing ad hoc reports to Head Office.
- Coordinate with internal business departments and product managers to deliver high quality service and product coverage to FI clients.
- Collaborate closely with FI Head office and overseas branches to support the development of London Branch’s FI clients.
- Actively promote products and services at all times with external engagement during meetings, seminars and conferences.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Finance or Economics, ideally with Masters (ideally in Business or Finance), CFA or equivalent industry qualification.
- Demonstrated senior relationship manager track record/experience covering institutional clients at a senior management level.
- Broad and deep understanding of wholesale banking products and services
- Strong communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English (some knowledge of Mandarin or another language is desirable).
- Experienced at business development and building and managing institutional client relationships at all levels.
- Good practical knowledge of the regulatory environment in the UK, the EMEA region and globally, in particular related to AML, CTF, Sanctions and other aspects of KYC/CDD.
- Good practical knowledge of Global Markets products including FX, Money Markets, DCM, Credit Sales, Repo and Derivatives Trading.
- Good practical knowledge of Transactional Banking products including Cash Management and Trade Finance in multi-currencies.
- Strong business orientation and ability to operate well under pressure, react to immediate business needs, manage multiple project timelines and prioritise tasks accordingly, following through on risks and issues, tracking them to closure.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset to be able to identify and initiate new business opportunities, including new products or services, and work with internal stakeholders and client decision-makers to deliver them.
- Maintain an up to date detailed knowledge and understanding of the internal policies and procedure related to the FI Department.
- Collegiate approach to working with internal business partners, particularly the Product Managers, Head Office and enablement teams such as Risk Management, FI On-boarding and Legal & Compliance.
Job status: Perm
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 9-5 with flexibility when necessary.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Mandarin speaking jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New job-Principal Biostatistician
up to £80 p/hour PAYE or £105 p/hour umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £167k | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20640
New job-Loans Admin Officer (Maternity Cover) -London
£230 per day (holiday pay inclusive) | Temporary | Central London | Ref: 20632
New job-National Account manager-M-London
Up to £65k depending on the experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20637
Mandarin speaking Job-Senior Banking Associate – Card Centre-iw-London
£Competitive + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20610