Supply Chain job-Shipping Coordinator-London
- Central London
- Ref: 20487
Your New Supply Chain Job Title: Shipping Coordinator, London
The Skills You'll Need: Letters of Credit, Incoterms, Shipping, Import/Export, Commodities
Your New Salary: £28k
Location: WFH/Central London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Who You'll Be Working for:
Trading companysupplying Raw Materials and Machinery to meet the needs of manufacturing companies.
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- have shipping experience in a commodities environment
- have experience with Letters of Credit
- have a full understanding of INCOTERMS
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- To support and assist within the Documentary Operations Team, ensuring contracts are executed in an efficient and timely manner.
- To ensure contract files are received from the Trading Team in good order and enter details into our SAP computer system.
- To ensure Documentary Instructions / Shipping Instructions are issued in a timely manner and in accordance with relevant Incoterm; FOB, CIF, CFR, FCA
- To co-ordinate with customers and suppliers world-wide, ensuring goods are expedited and shipped on time and in the correct manner
- To understand documentary requirements for different countries, including Legalization / Certification / Conformity Certificates
- To provide documents to customers in a timely manner, which include, Invoice, Bills of Lading, Certificate of Origin, Insurance Certificate, Packing List, Certificate of Analysis
- To present documents to Bank for payment under Letters of Credit and Documentary Collection basis
- Constant liaison between suppliers, buyers, traders
- To monitor shipments and provide regular updates to customers.
- To check and pass suppliers’ invoices to Accounts department for payment
- To liaise with suppliers and customers throughout the documentation process to ensure that client needs are being met.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Shipping experience in Commodities.
- Ability to understand Contracts and INCOTERMS.
- Letters of Credit experience
- Good communication skills both written and verbally.
- Ability to multitask.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Flexible attitude.
- Good computer and information technology skills. SAP experience ideally.
- Highly organised with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Strong team player and is able to take responsibility.
- Will fit in well with our multicultural environment.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
A new Supply Chain job from Supply Chain recruitment agency People First in London. Please click to view all our Procurement, Supply Chain and Demand Planning jobs.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Supply Chain job-Category Manager-Facilities-London
up to £273 PAYE or £358 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £71k per annum | Temporary | | Ref: 20522
Supply Chain job-Customer Supply Chain and Logistics Manager
£20.91p/h annual salary equivalent to £40k pa. | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20512
Supply Chain Job-Coordinator-London
c£28k + Post-probation benefits package including BUPA, all travel costs for Zones 1-4, gym membership (up to £35 per month), £30 per month meal allowance. 15% Bonus subject to company/group performance calculated twice a year. | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20397
Supply Chain job-Category Leader (Infrastructure & Core Technology)-London
up to £409 p/day PAYE or £535 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) *equivalent of up to £106k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20509