New job-Legal and Compliance Associate-ww-London
- £Depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 20435
Your New Job Title: Legal and Compliance Associate
The Skills You'll Need:
A law degree from a high-ranking university, some compliance experience in financial service, digital payments companies preferred
Your New Salary: Depending on experience
Location: Central London
About the job:
The client is looking for a Legal and Compliance Associate who can help them negotiate and review a variety of commercial contracts and assist in compliance matters. This exciting new role will suit someone who has over relevant experience in the financial services industry, with a passion to learn and a keen eye for detail. For this role, there will be a particular emphasis on digital and decentralised finance projects which are in development and the role will involve providing regulatory advice and assistance to the projects’ progress and then compliance and regulatory assistance as the projects go live.
Who You'll Be Working for: a well-established investment company
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Provide legal support to management and business units regarding applicable laws and regulations and participate in new business processes within the business and risk areas.
- Review contracts from vendors, identify and highlight risk areas to management and provide suggestions for amendments.
- Draft new contracts if required.
- Exercise sound business and legal judgement and demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism in dealing with clients and colleagues.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with day-to-day corporate governance and compliance related matters, which include conducting KYC checks for the group companies.
- Ensure group companies’ compliance to laws and regulations.
- Help with the maintenance and update of corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation, regulation, Company Law and the corporate governance environment, prepare summaries of change, inform the Company Secretary of any suggested action required and assist with embedding these within the Company.
- Liaise as necessary with external regulators, lawyers and auditors under the guidance of the Head of Compliance.
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate company secretarial records and ensure that they are acceptable to auditors and regulators.
- Develop a current awareness of compliance regulations and their impact on the business activities of the group companies.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- A law degree from a good university, with a 2:1 degree grade or above
- Having an understanding of legal and regulatory matters pertaining to financial services generally
- Familiar with relevant financial services rules and regulations
- A self-starter, independent and able to take the initiative
- Attentive to detail
- Fast learner and have a passion for acquiring new skills
- Good working attitude, team player and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Some legal or compliance experience in the financial services industry, preferably banking
- Experience in the digital currencies/payment sector and an enthusiasm to become involved in these areas of important new business will be a considerable advantage
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 9 to 5
Please Follow Us On Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-recruitment
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Multilingual Job-Portuguese speaking Business Development Manager-Gaming-London-M
£30k + OTE bonus and benefits (Depending on experience) | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20715
New job-Business Development Manager-Gaming-London-M
£30k + OTE bonus and benefits (Depending on experience) | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20714
Mandarin speaking Job-Banking Hall Assistant/Cashier-London-iw
£Competitive + good bonus + good benefits | Contract | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20710
Mandarin speaking Job-Banking Senior Business Support Officer-London-iw
£Competitive + good bonus + good benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20709