New job-Legal and Compliance Associate-ww-London
- up to £45k depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 20435
Your New Job Title: Legal and Compliance Associate, London
The Skills You'll Need: A law degree from a high-ranking university, some compliance experience in financial service, digital payments companies preferred
Your New Salary: up to £45k depending on experience
Location: Central London
About the job:
The client is looking for a Legal and Compliance Associate who can help them negotiate and review a variety of commercial contracts and assist in compliance matters.
Who You'll Be Working for: a well-established investment company
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- hold a law degree with 2:1 grade or above
- graduated from a high-ranking university
- have legal or compliance experience in an FCA regulated company
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Provide legal support to management and business units regarding applicable laws and regulations and participate in new business processes within the business and risk areas.
- Review contracts from vendors, identify and highlight risk areas to management and provide suggestions for amendments.
- Draft new contracts if required.
- Exercise sound business and legal judgment and demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism in dealing with clients and colleagues.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with day-to-day corporate governance and compliance related matters, which include conducting KYC checks for the group companies.
- Ensure group companies’ compliance to laws and regulations.
- Help with the maintenance and update of corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation, regulation, Company Law and the corporate governance environment, prepare summaries of change, inform the Company Secretary of any suggested action required and assist with embedding these within the Company.
- Liaise as necessary with external regulators, lawyers, and auditors under the guidance of the Head of Compliance.
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate company secretarial records and ensure that they are acceptable to auditors and regulators.
- Develop a current awareness of compliance regulations and their impact on the business activities of the group companies.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- A law degree from a high-ranking university, with a 2:1 degree grade or above
- A good understanding of legal and regulatory matters pertaining to financial services generally
- Familiar with relevant financial services rules and regulations
- A self-starter, independent and able to take the initiative
- Attentive to detail
- Fast learner and have a passion for acquiring new skills
- Good working attitude, team player and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Some good legal or compliance experience in the financial services industry, preferably banking
- Experience in the digital currencies/payments sector will be a great advantage
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 9 to 5
Please Follow Us On Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-recruitment
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Mandarin speaking Job-Business Analyst and Application Support-rj-London
£Highly Competitive | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20360b
Mandarin speaking Job-Sales Consultant-Real Estate Developer-rj-London
£25-32k + commission (OTE £50-70k) depending on experience. | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20320
Mandarin speaking Job-Finance Manager-rj-London
£50-80k depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20445
Chinese speaking Job-Banking Accountant-lj-London
£Negotiable depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20448