Supply Chain Job-UK Imports Specialist-London
- up to £254 p/day PAYE or £332 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £66 k per annum
- Greater London
- Ref: 20371
Your New Supply Chain Job Title: UK Imports Specialist, London
Your New Daily rate: up to £254 p/day PAYE or £332 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £66 k per annum
Duration: Long term temporary assignment until 06/08/2021
Location: West London
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5 hours
Job posting ID: JP86109
Who you'll be working for:
Our client a Major FTSE100 of ours who have fantastic offices in west London are looking for a UK Import Specialist.
What you'll be doing each day:
- To ensure Imports arriving into the UK are cleared in accordance with all the correct controls and procedures.
- Management of customs broker, governance meetings & performance KPIs.The role requires managing large volumes of data and transitions. Queries must be dealt with daily and different challenges may occur because of this. Clear and structured document management is key to support audits that may result.
- A fantastic opportunity to join a brand new team in the consumer side of this globally recognised business.
- Provide Broker instructions
- Manage any queries related to imports process
- Oversight of Duty Override weekly check.
- Accountability for SOP.
- Accountability for Broker CFSP day to day working instructions
- pdate data required for R&D SLA e.g. time taken on operational activities
- Update customs system managed by the UK broker with product details and suppliers.
- Master file data management
- Check customs data report against broker import data to ensure no discrepancies
- Provide site information for C79 VAT returns
- Trigger requests for classifications from the Duty Management Team
- Conduct business monitoring of processes related to UK Customs
The skills you need to succeed:
- Educated to degree level or experience in a customs, duty management or logistics role
- Documentation management
- Experience of imports into the UK, having worked closely with customs officials
- Effective license management
- HTS classification
- Country of origin determination
- Understanding of incoterms
- Effective communication and people skills
- Strong Excel for data management
- Problem Solving and issue resolution
- Operational excellence experience
- Risk analysis experience
*Please note this Umbrella rate is the amount payable to Umbrella company - this does not represent what you will actually receive from the Umbrella company
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Supply Chain Job-Category Manager - Facilities-London
up to £279 PAYE or £365 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £72k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20416
Supply Chain Job-Logistics Analyst-London
up to £254 p/day PAYE or £332 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £66 k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20414
Supply Chain Job-Supply Chain & Logistics Innovator
£30-34k | Permanent | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20409
Supply Chain Job-Italian Speaking Supply Planning Coordinator-London
c£24k | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20408