Supply Chain Job-Clinical Contracts Manager
- up to £285.68 PAYE p/day or £373.94 umbrella (inside IR35)* equivalent of up to £74k per annum
- Greater London
- Ref: 20321
Your New Job Title: Clinical Contracts Manager
Your New Daily rate: up to £285.68 PAYE p/day or £373.94 umbrella (inside IR35)* equivalent of up to £74k per annum
Duration: Long term temporary assignment until 26/03/2021
Location: West London
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5 hours
Job posting ID: JP85072
Who you'll be working for:
Our client, a Major FTSE100 business, who have fantastic offices in west London are looking for a Clinical Contracts Manager.
What you'll be doing each day:
- The business has launched a new centralised global Contracts Management team that provides end to end contracting support for Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISS) and Supported Collaborative Studies (SCS). This is a unique opportunity to apply your advanced clinical contracts knowledge and negotiation expertise to help further the company's initiative to advance medical science and to support scientific collaboration.
- This role as a Contract Manager ISS/SCS will provide you the opportunity to deliver/lead key activities, to progress your career, these responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and negotiate highly complex agreements for Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISS) and Supported Collaborative Studies (SCS) with Academia or other Institutions including Consortia.
- Lead ISS and SCS contract development for the business by providing expert advice to develop detailed specifications, analyse proposals, negotiate/execute contracts and amendments that are robust, timely and add significant opportunity for value generation to the business while minimizing legal and financial risk
- Act as a single point of contact for key stakeholder interactions for the company's Scientific and Business Groups to develop an understanding of their needs, determine and define scope of services required, identify, facilitate and proactively resolve business, legal and financial contracting issues.
- Deliver ongoing contract management at a global level in a timely and appropriate manner, including changes in scope/amendments and conflict resolution to reduce operational, financial or legal risk.
- Ensure that appropriate authorization, routing of contracts, distribution and document management occurs.
- Draft and prepare templates, review redlines, draft and propose legal language as required in the end to end contracts process.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related area, or a combination of equivalent education/work related experience. (Paralegal certification or legal training strongly desired).
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical Industry coupled with detailed knowledge and understanding of the clinical development process, phase I-IV
- A proven track record of contracts negotiation with experience in developing, executing and managing clinical contracts.
- Experience negotiating legal terms and conditions relating to Investigator Sponsored (ISS) and/or Supported Studies (SCS)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels, across many disciplines both internally and externally.
- Understanding of costing or preparation of budgets for clinical contracts, establishing Fair Market Value.
- Experience with conducting negotiations, influencing, analysing and problem solving.
- Ability to work well under tight timelines and in rapidly changing situations day to day.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong problem-solving skills to find solutions to unexpected challenges
*Please note this Umbrella rate is the amount payable to Umbrella company - this does not represent what you will actually receive from the Umbrella company
Please note, a background security check will need to be completed before starting the role.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Job-Business Assistant
£13.05p/h increasing up to £14.85p/h after 3 months | Temporary | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20379
Supply Chain Job-External Supply Category Manager-London
up to £262 PAYE or £343 umbrella (inside IR35) *equivalent of up to £68k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20377
Supply Chain Job-UK Imports Specialist-London
up to £254 p/day PAYE or £332 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £66 k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20371
Supply Chain Job-Supply Chain Planner-London
up to £212 p/day PAYE or £278 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £55k per annum | Contract | Greater London | Ref: 20367