Supply Chain Job-Demand Planner-Surrey
- £37k + 10% bonus and car allowance
- Rest of the UK
- Ref: 20310
Your New Demand Planning Job Title: Demand Planner-Surrey
Location: Weybridge, Surrey
Salary: £37k + 10% bonus and car allowance
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
What you'll be doing each day:
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Home Entertainment (TV) team of a leading electronics company as a Demand Planner.This team is responsible for flagship products. As a Demand Planner you will assume responsibility for maintaining forecast performance and supply plan information flow. In addition, you will gather and analyse the weekly stock levels and generate a consolidated forecast, uploading the forecast to the central global demand planning system and forecasting performance.
- Working in conjunction with Marketing, Sales & Supply Chain Managers to develop and progressively improve forecasting processes with a view to improving accuracy and reduce forecast volatility through co-ordinated activity.
- Analyse historical trends, data and market intelligence to generate a weekly company forecast.
- Collect and review sales forecast on a weekly basis, identifying trends on fast & slow moving products.
- Understand seasonality trends and the impact of exceptional market changes, such as promotional activity and national/international events, on local demand
- Facilitate Consensus meeting with relevant teams to confirm sales forecast.
- Manage agreement and drive judgment towards realistic and accurate forecast & delivery plan.
- Collate, share and input weekly forecast data to the company database.
- Monitor periodical performance measures and supplier/customer non-conformance to enable process improvement in the Supply Chain.
- Provide fact based analysis with corrective action plans
- Build on collaborative working relationships with key customers to drive forecast accuracy, process improvements and free flow of information.
- Enhance inventory management and supplier/customer working relations. Key objective is to optimize Inventory velocity and cash flow.
- Weekly S & OP meeting with supplier factory to update production plan and preparing rolling forecast template
- Ensure regular review and reporting of progress to Demand Planning Manager
The skills you need to succeed:
- Demand planning experience
- Prior experience with forecast systems
- Advanced MS Excel skills (pivot tables, v look ups)
- Strong analytical skills
- Good overview of the commercial process, production planning and retail interface / order fulfilment.
- The personal attributes you need to be successful:
- Ability to work assertively in a cross functional environment and attain consensus between all parties
- Proactive approach to business
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong character to challenge forecast with Key Account Managers
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Job-Business Assistant
£13.05p/h increasing up to £14.85p/h after 3 months | Temporary | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20379
Supply Chain Job-External Supply Category Manager-London
up to £262 PAYE or £343 umbrella (inside IR35) *equivalent of up to £68k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20377
Supply Chain Job-UK Imports Specialist-London
up to £254 p/day PAYE or £332 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £66 k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20371
Supply Chain Job-Supply Chain Planner-London
up to £212 p/day PAYE or £278 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £55k per annum | Contract | Greater London | Ref: 20367