Supply Chain Job-Logistics Manager-London
- up to £244 p/day PAYE or £319 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £63k per annum
- Rest of the UK
- Ref: 20293
Your New Logistics Job Title: Logistics Manager-London
Your New Daily rate: up to £244 p/day PAYE or £319 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £63k per annum
Duration: Long term temporary assignment until end of Dec 2020
Location: West London
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5 hours
Job posting ID: JP84768
Who you'll be working for:
Our client a Major FTSE100 of ours who have fantastic offices based in west London are looking for a Logistics Manager.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Responsible for the day to day operational management and execution of Pharmaceutical Logistics’ Operations services to ensure on-time and cost-effective delivery of product to our customer.
- Responsible for the region’s day to day Operational compliance to ensure that the business meets the highest level of global compliance for cross border trade within the supply chain activities of all Business Units
- Implementation of Regulation Changes within the Region
- Managing the operational interface between the logistics provider and the business
- Responsible for the escalated issue resolution process
- Drive ongoing improvement of operational performance
- Ensure appropriate communication to sites and customers in case of events impacting the distribution chain
- Manage day-to-day operational Compliance issues
- Create and maintain internal audit plan and conduct Management Monitoring audits across Operations
- Provide all data elements as required in region to Customs Broker and maintain master database to facilitate border clearance
- Support Customs related activities to ensure compliant with Duty Management Programmes, ensuring sites are audit ready for any Customs inspections
- Support the process to ensure that business comply with all Export Controls and Sanctions Regulations, Management of the screening process, collating and storing data to evidence that products/customers comply with the Regulations, and the business is audit ready.
- Provides support to or lead external audits within region in collaboration with Legal, Treasury, and Indirect Tax (when required to).
- Collaborate with New Business & Divestment to ensure that licensing and cross border regulatory requirements are known for first shipments of new products, in-license and merger/acquisition deals.
- Use the Pharmaceutical Logistics Risk Register to record risks to the business and actions plans to address them.
- Work with R&D Compliance Managers to provide knowledge share as needed
- Responsible for management of the annual reconciliation program involving reporting of valuation changes to Customs & Border Protection.
- UK import process support/accountability and EU MMW alignment accountability
The skills you need to succeed:
- Demonstrated in depth operational experience in international logistics operations and customs for both imports and exports
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent in logistics or supply chain
- Knowledge of external logistics environment
- Extensive knowledge in multi-modal distribution and cross-border regulations
- Experience in performance management of third party contracts
- Ability to drive improvements and performance focusing on customer service levels and cost reduction
- Ability to work under pressure
*Please note this Umbrella rate is the amount payable to Umbrella company - this does not represent what you will actually receive from the Umbrella company
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Job-Business Assistant
£13.05p/h increasing up to £14.85p/h after 3 months | Temporary | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20379
Supply Chain Job-External Supply Category Manager-London
up to £262 PAYE or £343 umbrella (inside IR35) *equivalent of up to £68k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20377
Supply Chain Job-UK Imports Specialist-London
up to £254 p/day PAYE or £332 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £66 k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20371
Supply Chain Job-Supply Chain Planner-London
up to £212 p/day PAYE or £278 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £55k per annum | Contract | Greater London | Ref: 20367