Supply Chain Job-Imports Specialist-London
- up to £254 p/day PAYE or £332 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) *equivalent of up to £66k per annum
- Rest of the UK
- Ref: 20285
Your New Supply Chain Job Title: Imports Specialist-London
Your New Daily rate: up to £254 p/day PAYE or £332 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) *equivalent of up to £66k per annum
Duration: Long term temporary assignment until 30/07/2021, possibility to go permanent
Location: West London
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5 hours
Job posting ID: JP84423
Who you'll be working for:
Our client a Major FTSE100 of ours who have fantastic offices in west London are looking for an Imports Specialist.
What you'll be doing each day:
The role requires an understanding of import procedures for the UK and the transactional components that support the clearance of shipments. The roles key function is to provide the nominated Broker with the correct clearance instructions for imports.
A large volume of different products arrive into the UK to customs clear. In order to know what clearance instruction is correct the Imports Specialist must know what the product is and what it is used for. On occasions this requires research and consultation with the relevant subject matter experts to arrive at the correct decision.
The role requires managing large volumes of data and transitions. Queries must be dealt with daily and different challenges may occur because of this. Clear and structured document management is key to support audits that may result.
• Provide Broker instructions
• Manage any queries related to imports process
• Oversight of Duty Override weekly check.
• Accountability for SOP.
• Accountability for Broker CFSP day to day working instructions
• Update data required for R&D SLA e.g. time taken on operational activities
• Update Impatex system managed by the UK broker with product details and suppliers.
• Master file data management
• Check customs data report against broker import data to ensure no discrepancies
• Provide site information for C79 VAT returns
• Trigger requests for classifications from the Duty Management Team
• Conduct business monitoring of processes related to UK Customs
The skills you need to succeed:
• Educated to degree level or experience in a customs, duty management or logistics role
• Documentation management
• Effective communication and people skills
• Data management
• Problem solving and issue resolution
• Operational excellence experience
• Risk analysis experience
• Experience of import and export processes
• Effective license management
• HTS classification
• Country of origin determination
• Understanding of incoterms
*Please note this Umbrella rate is the amount payable to Umbrella company - this does not represent what you will actually receive from the Umbrella company
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New Job-Business Assistant
£13.05p/h increasing up to £14.85p/h after 3 months | Temporary | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20379
Supply Chain Job-External Supply Category Manager-London
up to £262 PAYE or £343 umbrella (inside IR35) *equivalent of up to £68k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20377
Supply Chain Job-UK Imports Specialist-London
up to £254 p/day PAYE or £332 umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £66 k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20371
Supply Chain Job-Supply Chain Planner-London
up to £212 p/day PAYE or £278 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £55k per annum | Contract | Greater London | Ref: 20367