Mandarin speaking Job-Settlement Clerk-lj-London
- £Negotiable depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 20280
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Mandarin Job Title: Mandarin Chinese Speaking Settlement Clerk, London
The Skills You'll Need: Mandarin and English both fluent; experience with process payments and clearing; Some banking settlement experience.
Your New Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Location: Central London
Who You'll Be Working for: An international Bank
About the job:
Process the payment / clearing enquires. Cover the trade services operation functions which include dealing with all the import and export settlement business and other tasks as directed by the line manager.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Process GBP, USD and CNY etc. clearing;
- Process internal payments for invoices due;
- Monitor account movement;
- Monitor large exposure and advice circulation to CMD, Treasury and Risk ALM;
- Return unable to apply or cancel funds to remitter;
- Process Nostro transfers;
- SSI set up and parameter reviewing;
- Pass any journal entries and accruals in the bank’s system;
- Process any enquires received from our clients and / or agent banks;
- Q&A all correspondence to relevant bank relating to clearing payments;
- Monthly Foreign Correspondent clearing bank report to Head Office.
- Cover trade services operation functions;
- Maintenance of static data;
- Maintenance of records filing;
- Follow up system upgrading and development of new products;
- An understanding of key roles and regulations governing CASS;
- Conduct daily basic CASS review operation in accordance with established "policies". Perform an assessment of whether the funds / credits relate to designated investment business on daily basis and document this. Report any breach of the banking exemption to the Compliance & Legal Department as well as the Head of Department;
- Other duties as assigned.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good organizational ability and attention to detail;
- Able to prioritise tasks and delegate when necessary;
- Good team player and be able to support team members;
- Accurate reporting skills;
- Microsoft Office skills;
- Bilingual: English / Mandarin is a must.
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 9 to 5
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Multilingual Job-German / Spanish speaking Business Development Executive (FMCG)-rj-London
£30-35k depending on experience | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20465
Multilingual Job-French speaking Customer Services Administrator-ww
Starting salary £20,500. Reviewed after six months | Permanent | | Ref: 20463
Mandarin speaking Job-Financial Institutions Assistant-lj-London
£30k to £50k (depending on experience) | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20422
Multilingual Job-Spanish speaking Business Development Manager-rj-Spain
€35-55k depending on experience | Permanent | Outside UK | Ref: 20458