Mandarin speaking Job-China Economist-ww-London
- to £60k plus excellent benefits.
- Central London
- Ref: 20116
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Mandarin Job Title: Mandarin Chinese speaking Senior China Economist (sponsorship)-London
The Skills You'll Need: Fluent Mandarin and English, Masters and Bachelors degree in Economics (minimum 2.1 or equivalent) ideally from a top tier university, proven economic excellence in analysing the Chinese Economy
Your New Salary: to £60k plus excellent benefits.
Who You'll Be Working for:
Our client is a global company providing analysis on specialist markets.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Provide first rate analysis of China, drawing on data and models as required
- Provide commentary on key Chinese data releases and policy actions
- Review and produce a 5-year view for the key drivers of Chinese economic growth
- Communicate the story that supports your China view to internal and external clients
- Maintain a deep and current understanding of the economic, financial and political forces shaping China’s economy
- Maintain/update the long-term China forecast to 2050, which includes regional components
- Own and update our China end use model (construction, vehicles, etc)
- Coordinate the view on China costs with our Beijing/Shanghai offices
- Support the Economics team by helping to produce the global forecast, supporting junior members of the team as needed
- Write Special Feature (analytical pieces) on China, other economies and global issues to showcase our economic expertise
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Fluent Mandarin and English language skills
- Masters and Bachelors degree in Economics (minimum 2.1 or equivalent) ideally from a top tier university
- Proven economic excellence in analysing the Chinese Economy
- Ability to use, maintain, and develop the data and models required to produce short and long-term forecasts
- Ability to construct a compelling narrative and have the confidence to express and defend it
- Proficiency in Excel, including chart creation and data organisation
- Be a flexible team player, covering other tasks and regions as required
- Proficiency with statistical software, such as R or E-view
- Experience using a macro model for forecasting (e.g. Oxford Economics)
- Experience working in a central bank, the public sector or an international organisation
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 9-5.30 with respect for a good work-life balance
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more Mandarin speaking jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
New job-Principal Biostatistician
up to £80 p/hour PAYE or £105 p/hour umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £167k | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20640
New job-Loans Admin Officer (Maternity Cover) -London
£230 per day (holiday pay inclusive) | Temporary | Central London | Ref: 20632
New job-National Account manager-M-London
Up to £65k depending on the experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20637
Mandarin speaking Job-Senior Banking Associate – Card Centre-iw-London
£Competitive + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20610