Legal and Compliance Associate
- £Competitive depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 20042
Your New Job Title: Legal and Compliance Associate
The Skills You'll Need: English fluent, legal background, paralegals experience
Your New Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Location: Central London
Who You'll Be Working for: A UK based Asset Management Company
About the job:
Help with negotiating and reviewing a variety of commercial contracts and assisting in compliance matters.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Provide legal support to management and business units regarding applicable laws and regulations and participate in new business process with the business and risk areas.
- Update line managers and employees on legal related matters.
- Negotiate and review all commercial contracts and ensure compliance with the relevant authorities.
- Exercise sound business and legal judgement and demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism in dealing with clients and colleagues.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with day-to-day corporate governance and compliance related matters, which include conducting KYC checks.
- Help with the maintenance and update of corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation, regulation, Company Law and the corporate governance environment, prepare summaries of change, inform the Company Secretary of any suggested action required and assist with embedding these within the Company.
- Liaise as necessary with Board members, external regulators, lawyers and auditors under the guidance of the Head of Compliance.
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate company secretarial records and ensure that they are acceptable to auditors and regulators.
- Develop a current awareness of compliance regulations and their impact on the business activities of the Company.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Having an understanding of legal and regulatory matters pertaining to financial services generally
- Familiar with relevant financial services rules and regulations
- A self-starter, independent and able to take the initiative
- Attentive to detail
- Good working attitude, team player and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in commercial real estate contracts will be an advantage.
- Relevant legal experience
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 9 to 5
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Mandarin Chinese Speaking Credit Administrator
£Competitive | Contract | Central London | Ref: 20085
Sales/ Steel Trader - GERMAN speaker
Annual £24K - £36K (including one month bonus) + travel card up to Zone 4 | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20086
Mandarin / Cantonese Chinese speaking Sales Support Specialist (Carrier)
£25-38k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20080
Mandarin Chinese speaking Sales Support Specialist (Operations & Services)
£25-38k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20079