Financial Institutions Senior Associate/Officer
- £Competitive + bonus + benefits
- Central London
- Ref: 20036
Your New Job Title: Financial Institutions Senior Associate/Officer
The Skills You'll Need: Relevant FI experience
Your New Salary: Competitive + bonus + benefits
Who You'll Be Working for: An international bank.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
Your responsibility will be to maintain and develop a portfolio of clients of international banks. You will help to build and implement the business development and client retention strategy for the sector in order to contribute to the financial and other targets for the Financial Institutions Department. The role will also require close observance of First Line of Defence principals relating to credit, regulatory and compliance matters and in particular collaboration with specialist teams to support the KYC/CDD policies and procedures and Risk Management activities.
- Identify key business opportunities within the portfolio through dialogue with clients, product partner collaboration, proactive research, and analysis of financial and other information.
- Identify lending opportunities within the portfolio based on client needs and credit appetite. Negotiate terms, prepare a credit proposal and present it to the credit committee. Once local approval has been received coordinate head office approval as well as communication with the Agent bank and internal departments to complete the execution of the transaction.
- Identify cross selling opportunities across the portfolio and work with the respective product partners such as Financial Markets, Trade Finance and Treasury to promote, implement and grow new business.
- Work closely with the specialist KYC/CDD processing team to ensure all necessary AML, KYC, KYB and transactional monitoring information is provided in a timely fashion in line with the respective KYC/CDD policies.
- Work with colleagues from the second line of defence to identify and manage risks. This includes cooperation with Compliance colleagues to ensure that necessary regulatory guidelines are followed and with Risk Management colleagues to ensure guidelines are followed on risks such as operational, credit, market and sovereign risks
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Good practical knowledge of the regulatory environment in the UK but also across the EMEA region and globally, in particular related to AML, CTF, Sanctions and other aspects of KYC/CDD.
- Good practical knowledge of Global Markets products including FX, Money Markets, DCM, Credit Sales, Repo and Derivatives Trading.
- Good practical knowledge of Transactional Banking products including Cash Management and Trade Finance in multi-currencies.
- Banking experience including FI, correspondent banking or corporate banking experience with an established network across the industry.
- Strong business orientation and ability to operate well under pressure, react to immediate business needs, manage multiple project timelines and prioritise tasks accordingly, following through on risks/issues and tracking them to closure.
- Demonstrate an ability to build client relationships at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset to be able to identify and initiate new business opportunities, including new products or services, and work with internal stakeholders and client decision-makers to deliver.
- Maintain an up to date detailed knowledge and understanding of the internal policies and procedure related to the FI Department.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Mandarin Chinese Speaking Credit Administrator
£Competitive | Contract | Central London | Ref: 20085
Sales/ Steel Trader - GERMAN speaker
Annual £24K - £36K (including one month bonus) + travel card up to Zone 4 | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20086
Mandarin / Cantonese Chinese speaking Sales Support Specialist (Carrier)
£25-38k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20080
Mandarin Chinese speaking Sales Support Specialist (Operations & Services)
£25-38k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20079