Trade Finance Officer
- Greater London
- Ref: 20028
Your New Job Title: Trade Finance Officer
The Skills You'll Need: Solid banking trade finance experience
Your New Salary: Competitive
Location: West London
Who You'll Be Working for: An international capital investment company.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Handling of all trade finance issues when required, this will often involve liaising with existing trade finance and operations teams from a different company entity.
- Export /Import Letter of credit /guarantee wording negotiation with counterparties
- Review Import/Export Letter of credit /guarantee draft against last UCP/EUCP/ISBP to ensure they are workable.
- Document presentation review under the Documentary letter of credit
- Provide treasury department with information as required to produce cash flow forecast and help to source the best competitive funding costs
- Liaising with Banks to raise financing for deals/projects and delivering an efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Ensuring data on in-house systems is accurately input/maintained
- Bank/Financing Relationships
- Maintaining of current bank relationships by regular communication/updates to banking partners to ensure cohesive relationship is continued, as well as what areas need developing/amending etc
- Assist to liaise with internal legal/treasury/credit to review/negotiate facility agreement to maximise the workability to the company’s business.
- Liaise with bank to comply with all KYC documents
- Assist in other duties from time to time as reasonably required by the company.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Degree - level education or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Business Management or related field
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office products
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven experience working in a trade finance /structured trade finance operation middle or back office from a major bank
- Comprehensive knowledge of latest UCP/ISBP &URDG758
- Experience of putting together long-term financing agreements (i.e. borrowing base, syndicated facilities etc) with major players/banks
- Ability to effectively prioritise work
- Approachable with a demonstrable willingness & flexibility to support the Company as and when required
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Mandarin Chinese Speaking Credit Administrator
£Competitive | Contract | Central London | Ref: 20085
Sales/ Steel Trader - GERMAN speaker
Annual £24K - £36K (including one month bonus) + travel card up to Zone 4 | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20086
Mandarin / Cantonese Chinese speaking Sales Support Specialist (Carrier)
£25-38k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20080
Mandarin Chinese speaking Sales Support Specialist (Operations & Services)
£25-38k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20079