Assistant Manager of Finance and Accounting
- £Negotiable depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 20008
Your New Job Title: Assistant Manager of Finance and Accounting
The Skills You'll Need: Some finance accounting experience, AAT,ACCA or CIMA qualification, knowledge of SAP
Your New Salary: negotiable depending on experience
Location: Central London
Who You'll Be Working for: a Chinese company’s oversea branch
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Support the Head of Finance & Accounting
- Ensure the branch accounting records in SAP follow the best practice and meet the required standard.
- Prepare Daily Controls and reconciliations
- Review Daily Nostro Positions of the Operations Department on outstanding items.
- Review Claims for Expense Reimbursement documents, Invoice Authorisations, and Departmental Cost Allocation and ensure the payments
- Reconcile Fixed Asset Balances and movements
- Reconcile all Accrued and Prepaid Expenses within the SAP system for Administrative expenses
- Periodically reconcile the Administrative Expenses Bank Account and forecast the required funds on a monthly basis, creating a request for new funds when necessary.
- Prepare the VAT records in support of the periodic return to HMRC.
- Produce schedules and reports in support of the budget or reforecasting, analyse actual performance and write a suitable commentary for managers to review.
- Maintain adequate filing and archiving systems, as required.
Your Main Accountabilities:
- Maintain adequate records and reconciliations of all balances within the SAP system
- Ensure the audit trail for the authorisation of expenses or the purchase of Fixed Assets is maintained.
- Prepare monthly MI, and reporting any material accounting or risk variances to the Head of Finance & Accounting in a timely manner.
- Support the development of forecast of Income and expenses. Demonstrate the capacity to manage and analyse any variances.
- Ensure all payments and receipts booked through the SAP system are accounted for correctly in accordance with the required accounting department policies and procedures.
- Maintain the SAP Fixed Asset and Accounts Payable System, and settle expenses in a timely manner.
- Support adhoc request for information to support senior managers and/or periodic audits within the required deadlines.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Relevant experience as a Finance Clerk.
- Association of Accounting Technicians desirable.
- A good understanding of SAP
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Fixed Asset Accounting and Depreciation
- Explain the main accounting requirement for the Accounting for VAT
- Some experience of the preparation of the VAT Return using a Partial Exemption Methodology
- Experience of creating and amortising Accruals and Prepayments
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Communication & interpersonal skills, with the capacity to obtain data from other departments.
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability.
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 9 to 5
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Legal and Compliance Associate
£Competitive depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20042
Mandarin Chinese speaking Administrative Executive (HR & Admin Department)
£25-33k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20013
Mandarin Chinese speaking PA to CEO
up to £30k + Benefit | Permanent | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20038
up to £40k, depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20031