Korean speaking Associate Director - ESG
- UP TO £95,000
- Central London
- Ref: 20007
Your New Job Title: Korean speaking Associate Director - ESG
The Skills You'll Need: ESG, Korean, corporate governance, Legal, Finance, Asset Management, MBA, CFA
Your New Salary: UP TO £95,000
Location: London zone 1
Who You'll Be Working for: Asset Management company
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
Responsible for leading development and delivery of the engagement strategy. Being responsible for building client relationships and developing business opportunities with allocated clients. You will be required to travel across Asia and relevant other countries.
· Lead the development and delivery of engagement strategy in Asia and global emerging markets, across a number of relevant environmental, social and governance themes
· Coordinating teams of colleagues to identify and prioritise corporate and public policy & market best practice engagement objectives and issues.
· Lead corporate engagement through development of regular dialogue and meetings at Board and Executive Committee level and with senior managers at allocated companies on all relevant corporate governance, long-term strategy and environmental and social risks, in line with agreed KPIs.
· Produce summaries of engagements for clients, together with summary case studies for completed engagement objectives, to be presented in published form and orally.
· Oversee, edit or write responses to public policy consultations on relevant issues arising in the assigned areas of responsibility by geography (corporate governance), theme (environmental and social risks) or sector.
· Support timely and effective voting recommendations, together with updating of content for other ESG client products
· Lead development and maintenance of voting policy and proxy voting guidelines for allocated markets.
· Make recommendations to clients consistent with agreed voting policies at prioritised or escalated companies, including advising clients on high profile voting decisions via client alerts.
with confidence escalated queries from more junior team members
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
• Excellent English and Korean is an advantage
• Strong knowledge on ESG issues and experience in responsible investment is required.
• Degree is preferable. Computer science, mathematics, sciences, engineering disciplines is an advantage.
• Postgraduate qualification in relevant discipline (ACCA, MBA, CFA or similar) an advantage.
• Experience in sustainability, strategy, governance, IR, accountancy or investment/ business consultancy, equity or debt research or legal advisory services.
• Solid understanding of how business works (governance; business models; financial)
• Excellent influencing skills including demonstrable diplomacy and tenacity
Job status: Full-time/ Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Instagram @peoplefirstteamjapan https://www.instagram.com/peoplefirstteamjapan/
LINE ID : 090asten → http://nav.cx/io3ak1m
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Billing Analyst - Japanese speaker
up to £32,000 per annum + travel card | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20041
Customer Service Ambassador - Japanese speaking
UP TO £24,000 /annum | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20043
Legal and Compliance Associate
£Competitive depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20042
Mandarin Chinese speaking Administrative Executive (HR & Admin Department)
£25-33k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20013