Shipping Operations Coordinator (Back Office)
- Central London
- Ref: 19964
Your New Job Title: Shipping Operations Coordinator (Back Office)
The Skills You'll Need: SAP, Import/Export, L/Cs, Order Management
Your New Salary: £28-30k
Location: Central London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Who You'll Be Working for:
An established and successful International Trading company with a global network of associates and a subsidiary of a major industrial group with diverse interests
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
To carry out proper and efficient processing of documentation and keeping documentary records that will ensure contracts can be tracked at all time and the delivery processes competed as smoothly as possible.
- Ensure that all the required documentations which are necessary to allow the shipment of goods to go ahead has been put together and properly processed.
- Read through the contract file and issue Documentary Instructions/Letters of Credits/Shipping Instructions as required in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with customers and suppliers; ensuring goods are expedited and shipped on time and in the correct manner.
- Enter details into our SAP B1 computer system.
- Issue Documentation required and have them certified/legalized as necessary.
- Produce presentation of documents suitable for customers to clear the goods through their customs.
- Check and pass suppliers invoices to account department for prompt payment.
- On receipt, check the file to see if it is in order then coordinate, if it is not then coordinate with the relevant internal department to establish the facts.
- Monitor and following up with the suppliers and to ensure that the customer receives a good level of service.
- Issue copies of shipping documents to the customer for their approval.
- Send original documents to the customer in time so they can clear the goods to ensure that they do not incur additional costs.
- Draw up, amend and finalize letters of credit to ensure that all aspects of the trading processes are accurately and properly in place.
- Enter and maintain records of each order and keep an accurate record and file of all actions and correspondence.
- Maintain and improve the working relationship with the relevant departments and to build up the sense of teamwork within the company.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers throughout the documentation process to ensure that client needs are being met.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Significant experience as a shipping operations coordinator or similar role.
- Experience of working in a commodities trading environment.
- SAP experience.
- To have a basic knowledge of Letters of Credit and how they operate.
- To adapt to new environments quickly.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Good computer and information technology skills.
- Thoroughness and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple schedules.
- Highly organized with an aptitude for problem solving.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Global Procurement Leader ( IT Outsourced Service Providers from India)
Equivalent of up to £177k per annum | Contract | Greater London | Ref: 20044
Billing Analyst - Japanese speaker
up to £32,000 per annum + travel card | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20041
Customer Service Ambassador - Japanese speaking
UP TO £24,000 /annum | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20043
Mandarin Chinese speaking Administrative Executive (HR & Admin Department)
£25-33k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20013