Mandarin Chinese speaking Tax & Head Office Reporting Accountant
- up to £62.5k, depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 19929
To see more Mandarin/Cantonese vacancies please follow us on WeChat:
Your New Job Title: Mandarin Chinese speaking Tax & Head Office Reporting Accountant
The Skills You'll Need: Fluent in English and Mandarin, solid tax accounting experience in banking or finance.
Your New Salary: up to £62.5k, depending on experience
Location: Central London
Reporting To: Senior Tax Manager (STM) & & Senior Accountant
Who You'll Be Working for:
Our client is a well-established and fast expanding bank.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- VAT assist the STM in updates to the PESM, preparation of reports and support Accounts Payable team with any tax related queries.
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager in all aspects of corporation tax compliance (critical focus will be on ensuring that the underlying data and information required for monthly Corporate tax computations are complete, accurate and comply with the Tax legislation e.g. Transfer Pricing; CATA calculations).
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager in the preparation, implementation, update and maintenance of all tax policy and procedure manuals.
- Assist in the completion of quarter-end and year-end business forecasting as requested by HO or management.
- Support the following key outputs for Finance:
o Quarterly reporting (to local senior management and HO) and Annual Report and Accounts
o Annual BEPS Country by Country Reporting
o Quarterly UK Payment Arrangement Calculations
o Annual Budget Plan (3-year forecast)
- In conjunction with other business managers, ensure that adequate tax/ accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance areas are maintained (particularly with ref to Tax Risk
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager in maintaining a Tax Risk Register and ensure that any deficiencies in controls identified by Operational Risk (via the Risk Evaluations & Controls Assessment) is remediated in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the external auditors and assisting in preparing statutory and regulatory financial statements.
- Along with Head of Finance, forge good working relationships with Head Office tax departments/colleagues and other overseas institutions along with the different departments.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Professional qualification in accounting/finance discipline
- Experience working at a similar level, within accounting, banking or auditing fields, preferably in the financial services sector
- Highly competent in producing written reports
- Strong knowledge of tax accounting, IFRS accounting standards and theory, and financial reporting principles
- Good working Knowledge of UK taxation requirements direct and indirect taxes
- Excellent IT skills including MMS office and Excel
- Good language skills of written and spoken English and Mandarin (essential).
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
up to £40k, depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20031
Mandarin Chinese speaking Operations Assistant
up to £40k, depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20031b
Trade Finance Officer
£Competitive | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20028
Mandarin Chinese speaking IT Network Engineer
Up to £60k + Lunch Allowance + Benefits + Bonus | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 20027