Order Coordinator (Shipping Department)
- To £28k
- Central London
- Ref: 19880
Your New Job Title: Order Coordinator (Shipping Department)
The Skills You'll Need: Order Management, Supplier Management, Strong Excel, Shipping
Your New Salary: To £28k
Location: North London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 09:00 - 17:30 Monday - Friday
Who You'll Be Working for:
Highly successful global furniture group.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
The Order Coordinator is responsible for the full order lifecycle.
- Oversee all incoming orders.
- Updating in house systems
- Build and maintain strong partnership with the factories.
- Process daily reports to identify any potential errors or delays.
- Managing customer expectations throughout production and delivery process.
- Identify and resolve any issues causing factories/shipping delays at point of contact with all factories and sales team.
- Remain informed of carrier products, lead times and industry changes and how they interplay with our own products, lead times and ability to deliver on time.
- Build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships gaining a wide range of knowledge across the product catalogue, order systems and order processes.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Extensive order processing experience using MRP systems.
- Experience of working with the USA.
- Shipping knowledge.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office products and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and generate reports in Excel.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload under pressure and prioritise conflicting requirements with large volumes of e-mails on a daily basis.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with high attention to detail.
- Experience of working with offshore manufacturing facilities, especially in European and Far East locations, furniture industry experience a plus.
- Good standard of written and spoken English, as well as the ability to interact well with personnel at all levels in a diverse business culture.
- Must live within comfortable commuting distance of North London.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Divestment Cutover Project Manager (Supply Chain & Quality)
Up to £107,400k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20032
Video Intelligence Research Engineer
up to £58,000 per annum | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20023
Banking RM Support - Japanese speaking
£30,000-£35,000/Annum | Contract | Central London | Ref: 20026
£9.35 increasing up to £10.26 after 3 months | Contract | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20025