Regulatory Reporting Accountant - Banking
- up to £75k
- Central London
- Ref: 19759
Your New Job Title: Regulatory Reporting Accountant - Banking
The Skills You'll Need: Good accounting background with regulatory reporting knowledge in banking or finance.
Your New Salary: up to £75k
Location: Central London
Reporting To: Senior Financial Controller
Who You'll Be Working for:
Our client is a well-established and fast expanding bank.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Ownership of tasks within daily, monthly & quarterly regulatory reporting required by local regulatory bodies (including UK and where relevant Overseas financial regulators). These tasks will cover both prudential and supervisory reporting, including preparation of Pillar 3 reporting and ILAAP. This individual will also work with the risk team in the preparation of the ICAAP document.
- Preparation of the daily regulatory monitoring reports for capital adequacy and liquidity and monitoring against internal and external guidelines, escalating where appropriate.
- Investigation of issues and exceptions with other members of the Finance function, Technology, Risk and Operations and any other areas of the Bank.
- Analysis of the internal monthly capital, liquidity and other information to ALCO and external monthly, quarterly/semi-annual and annual returns.
- The role holder is mandated to review processes for the Regulatory Reporting deliverables in order to identify & implement improvements to improve control and better utilize systems capabilities.
- Standardising the documentation for the local regulatory reporting and managing the periodic updates and reviews of the changing regulatory requirements and proposing required changes through preparation of appropriate regulatory reporting policies.
- Assisting in the planning, testing and implementation of key systems projects which affect Regulatory Reporting & wider Finance team as required [NB: for new products this will involve understanding the product features and required regulatory data and defining the requirements as part of the New Product Approval (NPA) sign-off].
- Ensuring all financial and non-financial data used for the regulatory returns have been fully reconciled and where appropriate substantiated with other teams (risk and operations).
- Assist the CFO & Head of Finance or Senior Financial Controller in the production of financial reports and general management information data
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Educated to degree level with a major in finance, economics or accountancy
- UK accountancy qualification or part qualification or “qualification by experience”
- Good regulatory knowledge including Corep, Liqrep, and Bank of England returns (preferably with experience of WKFS’ “OSX”.)
- Good knowledge of legacy IRR reporting (Capital+)
- Experience in a finance department within a commercial/investment bank.
- Banking product knowledge, including derivatives & commodities
- Good accounting knowledge for general banking products, including commodities
Job status: 12 Month Fixed Term
Start date: ASAP
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Legal and Compliance Associate
£Competitive depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20042
Mandarin Chinese speaking Administrative Executive (HR & Admin Department)
£25-33k depending on experience and current salary + bonus + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20013
Mandarin Chinese speaking PA to CEO
up to £30k + Benefit | Permanent | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20038
up to £40k, depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20031