Assistant Purchasing Manager
- Rest of the UK
- Ref: 19739
Your new role: Assistant Purchasing Manager
Hours: 37.5 per week
Our client is currently recruiting for an Assistant Purchasing Manager within their Equipment & Décor Team. To focus on driving value and performance from new and existing suppliers, with constant attention to Franchisee profitability, capital expenditure for Franchise Owners and the strategic goals of the company.
This role would suit someone who has previous purchasing experience with direct supplier/category responsibility who possesses a hands-on approach with the ability to think laterally to resolve issues and problems. The successful candidate will have the ability to operate effectively within a flexible, fast-paced, small business environment.
- Be responsible for managing a defined category or categories
- Work with nominated Equipment & Decor suppliers and team members to manage performance and reduce total cost of ownership, maintaining a focus on delivering cost savings whilst maintaining product quality
- Address and resolve any ongoing performance issues with nominated Equipment & Decor suppliers
- According to the category plans, deliver value to Franchise Owners using appropriate methodologies such as strategic sourcing, benchmarking, value engineering, creating long term partnerships, etc.
- Support the delivery of wider projects using the internal Category Management and Project Management processes and tools to secure stakeholder buy-in, define the critical path, provide clear feedback and progress reports
- Collate and analyse data to aid strategy formulation and decision-making, to support the development of long-term category strategies, and to prioritise project delivery
- Build a good understanding of cost structures, supply/value chains, and total cost of ownership of nominated categories and products
- Deliver timely and accurate communications, product change overs and product information set-up requests
Essential skills you require to be successful:
- Direct category/supplier management responsibility
- Strategic buying experience - i.e. not just placing purchase orders
- Experience negotiating prices
- Excellent communication skills
Please Follow Us On Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Divestment Cutover Project Manager (Supply Chain & Quality)
Up to £107,400k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20032
£9.35 increasing up to £10.26 after 3 months | Contract | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20025
Global Category Manager (IT Software & Services)
Equivalent of up to £84,400 per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20016
IT Procurement Manager (Technical Services)
Equivalent of up to £129,800k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20017