- Up to £50k
- Greater London
- Ref: 19729
Your new role: Demand Planner
Duration: long term temp assignment until March 2020 (possibility to be extended)
Daily rate: up to £192 PAYE/£251 LTD Co (equivalent of up to £49,930 equivalent)
Job posting ID: 78687
Our client a Major FMCG company are currently looking for a Demand Planner to join them in their fantastic office in West London.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operate the volume forecasting process within the Customer Supply Chain, to improve customer service levels, reduce working capital and minimize stock write-offs;
• Generate an estimate of the sales volume (including the generation of statistical forecast baselines) for a 43-month horizon
• Lead the monthly Pre-Demand Review Meetings to make the necessary adjustments based on the market
• Responsible within assigned markets for the monitoring of demand forecasting KPIs to drive improvements in accuracy, bias, working capital and customer service;
• Ensure, the Supply Teams, that there is a comprehensive total volume forecast including New Product Introduction and competitor activity, ensuring that production planning is aligned, and develops an appreciation of the commercial supply chain and the capability of suppliers to respond to changes in demand
• Develop demand scenario plans to support the stakeholders at market and regional level to assess business risks and opportunities and to take the appropriate decisions;
• Prepares forecast inputs into key meetings, including Demand Review Meetings, feeding through to Supply Review and regional S&OP Meetings if necessary, and participates to one or more LOC Demand Review Meetings to represent Customer Supply Chain;
• Promote a 'one number' mindset to drive business decision-making and forecast transparency / functional accountability
• Contribute and support to the demand forecasting evolvement as defined by the strategy at regional and global level
• Contributes to strategic global and regional projects that will use demand forecasting as a lever to unlock further benefits including Inventory Reduction, write off reduction, OTIF improvement etc.
The Essential skills required for this role:
• Demand Planning/Demand Forecasting experience ideally within a Pharmaceutical environment.
• Knowledge of SAP APO and statistical forecast is an advantage.
• Strong planning ability & able to work on own initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead cross functional teams.
• Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
• Highly numerate and good knowledge of supply chain forecasting software systems and processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, and preferably fluency in one or more additional European languages.
Please Follow Us On Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
UK Imports Specialist
up to £209.50 PAYE or £274 LTD Co | Temporary | | Ref:19755
UK Imports Audit Control Specialist
up to £209.50 PAYE or £274 LTD Co | Temporary | Greater London | Ref:19754
Procurement Manager (Marketing/Sales)
up to £384 PAYE/£502 LTD Co (equivalent to £99,860) | Contract | Greater London | Ref:19744
Customs Imports Coordinator
£9.35 for the first 12 weeks then increasing to £10.26 thereafter (equivalent to £18 - £20k ) | Temporary | Rest of the UK | Ref: 19747