Shipping Coordinator (Commodities)
- Central London, Greater London
- Ref: 19572
Your New Job Title: Shipping Coordinator (Commodities)
Your New Salary: £23-28k
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 35 hour week (9am-5pm)
Location: West London
Who You'll Be Working for:
Well established global trading group.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
You will be organising cross trades with Africa especially, being responsible for the end to end shipping process. More specifically you will -
- Send out instructions for proforma invoices and validate them upon receipt with customers.
- Prepare purchase orders and Bill of Lading / AWB instructions for all the globally located suppliers.
- Organise Certificate of Origin through Chamber of Commerce.
- Manage issuance of in house documentation as per country / customer requirements for Exports - manufacturer certificate of production, packing list, analysis certificate and Commercial Invoice.
- Sending payment requests to Accounts Department.
- Working with documentation on Letters of Credit.
- Communicating with suppliers to ensure that shipments are made within deadlines by paying particular attention to delivery requirements of customer. Liaison with suppliers and customers in all aspects of documentation.
- Ensure all export documents are received on time and responsible for checking the same with accuracy and ensuring all discrepancies are resolved before the goods arrived at port.
- Responsible for tracking of shipments and documents.
The skills you'll need to succeed
- Experience with organising global shipments and ideally have worked with Africa.
- Experience of creating shipping documents NOT just checking them.
- You will have worked in a trading environment previously.
- This is an integral role in the business, and at times can be quite pressurised because of this it will suit someone who is tenacious and resilient and can work in fast paced and busy environments.
- Good communication skills with total fluency in English.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Highly customer focused and enjoys delivering results.
- Attention to detail is a must.
Please Follow Us On Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
UK Imports Specialist
up to £209.50 PAYE or £274 LTD Co | Temporary | | Ref:19755
UK Imports Audit Control Specialist
up to £209.50 PAYE or £274 LTD Co | Temporary | Greater London | Ref:19754
Procurement Manager (Marketing/Sales)
up to £384 PAYE/£502 LTD Co (equivalent to £99,860) | Contract | Greater London | Ref:19744
Customs Imports Coordinator
£9.35 for the first 12 weeks then increasing to £10.26 thereafter (equivalent to £18 - £20k ) | Temporary | Rest of the UK | Ref: 19747