New job-Wind Farm Manager (Midland Area)-rj
- £50-60k depending on experience
- Rest of the UK
- Ref: 20652
Your New Job Title: Wind Farm Manager (Midland Area)
Your New Salary: £50-60k depending on experience
Job status: Permanent
Report to: UK Team Leader
Location: Midland Area
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates have:
- have driving licence valid to drive in the UK
- are based in Midland area and willing to travel to windfarms in Midland area
- have working experience in windfarm operations / management
- have experience and knowledge of commercial wind turbine operations
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
Who You'll be Working for:
Our client, an international renewable energy company is looking for a Wind Farm Manager with a good track record to manage the on-going operations of portfolio of wind farms in Wales and England.
Reporting to the UK team lead, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the portfolio of wind farms remains compliant with all statutory and local requirements to best possible practice and that performance is optimal.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Conduct quarterly inspections of the sites including wind turbines, wind measuring mast, site roads/entrances and the substation.
- Carry out safety inductions, manage contractors, provide toolbox talks and manage on site risks.
- Act as the UK portfolio HSE representative if required.
- Motivate implementation of QHSE rules.
- Ensure QHSE procedures are in place and enforced throughout the portfolio.
- Conduct HSE plan review and compliance check on a regular basis.
- Ensure company site standards are maintained.
- Manage site safety file for each windfarm.
- Organise and follow-up on statutory inspections.
- Conduct contractual management of the Turbine O&M provider.
- Manage competitive pricing processes for required work.
- Exercise technical and commercial management of subcontractors.
- Track wind farms production, alarms and malfunctions.
- Monitor wind forecasts and optimise maintenance schedule with the turbine operator, ensuring minimal down time.
- Complete monthly reports including production, availability and outage reporting
- Liaise and manage relationship with local stakeholders, landowners, residents and authorities
- Manage and follow-up of claims in connection with the insurer.
- Manage and submit availability claims to the Operations and Maintenance contractor.
- Manage and submit business rates refunds to administrative bodies where relevant.
- Optimise production and asset enhancement.
- Manage third party asset management companies as required
- Ensure periodic meetings with contractors.
- Represent the company and the wind farms with residents, administration and third parties.
- Manage windfarm land leases and all necessary payments to landowners and financially involved parties.
- Report any legal/commercial implications to senior management and support the resolution of these issues as appropriate.
- Travel to wind farm sites in UK and Ireland as required.
- Take a leadership role when required on issues and ensure they are driven to completion.
- Undertake such other duties/responsibilities as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Take full responsibility for the resolution of complaints relating to the wind farm.
- Manage environmental monitoring and habitat management works according to schedule provided by planning and environmental manager.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- A qualification in Engineering or equivalent technical qualification.
- Solid experience in windfarm operations/management.
- Excellent team player, goal-orientated, dynamic with the skill to motivate others successfully.
- Strong stakeholder relationship building skills.
- Good working knowledge of commercial wind turbine operations (experience of Enercon turbines is desirable but not essential).
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office. SCADA knowledge an advantage
- Possess a full, clean driver’s licence (category B).
- Speak and write fluent English.
- Must be located in the Midlands
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Click for more jobs from People First Team China in London, your Mandarin recruitment specialists.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Mandarin speaking Job-Banking Hall Assistant/Cashier-London-iw
£Competitive + good bonus + good benefits | Contract | Rest of the UK | Ref: 20710
Mandarin speaking Job-Banking Senior Business Support Officer-London-iw
£Competitive + good bonus + good benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20709
Mandarin speaking Job-Account Manager-London-rj
£30-38k depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20708
Mandarin speaking Job-Banking Office Administrator-London-ww
£Depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 20706