Procurement Job - Project Manager
- up to £443.40 PAYE or £580.40 Umbrella (inside IR35)
- Central London, Greater London
- Ref: 20160
Your New Job Title: Procurement Project Manager - Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures (MA&D)
Your New Daily rate: up to £443.40 PAYE or £580.40 Umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to c£115k per annum
Duration: Long term temporary assignment until 18th December 2020
Location: West London
Start date: 8th May 2020
Working hours: 37.5 hours
Job posting ID: JP82691
Who you'll be working for:
Our client a Major FTSE100 of ours who have fantastic offices are looking for a Project Manager for Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures (MA&D) in the Global Procurement’s Centre of Excellence (CoE) Project Management & Innovation team. You will be accountable for leading the Procurement Integration workstream globally for the company’s largest joint venture currently underway. This will include work spanning the whole of Global Procurement and partnering with category experts in all areas of the business. The successful candidate must be able to exhibit high levels of learning agility, as well as be able to deliver results in extremely challenging circumstances with very tight timelines all while operating under strict confidentiality.
• Be accountable for all Procurement integration planning and execution activities to ensure all workstream milestones are completed safely, on time and with minimal commercial impact to the company
• Drive governance of working team including leading meetings, tracking and reporting progress, highlighting risks and escalations, and communicating status to various leadership teams.
• Oversee Procurement workstream activities related to P2P, Travel & Expense operations, Contingent Worker operations, Fleet operations, etc. to prepare to operate under a Transition Services agreement or to fully integrate activities into the company, depending on each market’s schedule and strategy.
• Work closely with and serve as the Procurement representative to the Integration Management Office.
• The ability to work across boundaries is also necessary as a large part of the role is identifying and managing dependencies with other workstreams. The ability to influence without authority and work with very senior stakeholders
• Manage the team operational budget by working alongside the Finance team, Procurement workstream and regional leads, and the Procurement administrator to ensure expenses are properly recorded and the budget remains on track.
• Risk assessment and a strategic mindset is needed to look across the deal to identify and mitigate any risks to global procurement and where appropriate, Procurement category managers must be involved, and existing supplier relationships leveraged, to address such risks.
• Respect for different cultures and the ability to flex approach to different regions is required as a significant part of the role will be managing people in various markets across the globe to deliver regional procurement activities.
The skills you need to succeed:
• Qualified to Degree level – Education check required (copy of certification)
• Procurement expertise coupled with MA&D leadership experience (or Integration/Separation leadership experience) is a must
• Strong track record of senior stakeholder management and influencing; ability to influence without express authority; ability to build strong relationships.
• Experience managing suppliers (including performance management), developing new potential suppliers and partnering with supply base for mutual benefit
• Demonstrated skills in project management leadership and budget management
• Financial acumen and demonstrated analytical skills
• Good line management is critical for the role as you must be able to motivate and monitor the external procurement team members working under you
• Confident team player who takes ownership and leads by example
• There is also a requirement for a pragmatic results driven / execution focused skillset.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written is also needed alongside strong influencing skills.
• Take initiative, be tenacious and enthusiastic and have a strong gravitas to be able to get things done in extremely short timelines.
*Please note this Umbrella rate is the amount payable to Umbrella company - this does not represent what you will actually receive from the Umbrella company
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
A new Supply Chain job -Procurement Project Manager- from Supply Chain recruitment agency People First Supply Chain in London.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Supply Chain Job-Logistics Procurement Category Manager
up to £353 p/day PAYE or £462 p/day umbrella (inside IR35) * equivalent of up to £92k per annum | Temporary | Greater London | Ref: 20238
Supply Chain Job-Coordinator
£26-28k plus 10% bonus, Private Healthcare, Excellent Pension | Permanent | Greater London | Ref:20223
Supply Chain Job-Customer Care Advisor
£Competitive | Permanent | Central London | Ref:20222
Supply Chain Job:Global Procurement Manager
up to £499 PAYE or £653 umbrella (inside IR35) *equivalent of up to £130k per annum | Contract | Greater London | Ref:20218