Cantonese / Mandarin Chinese speaking Lending Associate (Retail & Mortgage Lending)
- £23-28k depending on experience + banking benefits
- Central London
- Ref: 19888
To see more Mandarin/Cantonese vacancies please follow us on WeChat:
Your New Job Title: Cantonese / Mandarin Chinese speaking Lending Associate (Retail & Mortgage Lending)
Your New Salary: £23-28k depending on experience + banking benefits
Job status: Permanent
Location: Central London
The role of Lending Associate/Assistant Business Officer is to support Business Manager/Senior Business Manager to deliver a professional relationship management service to customers, prospective customers and professionals.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- To prepare credit facility annual review/renewal proposals and reports for risk review, assessment and control.
- To monitor and control designated accounts’ performance in accordance to the Bank’s guidelines.
- To prepare and follow up with properties valuation instructions, customers account opening requests.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment and control.
- Act as a main point of contact for customers’ general enquiries.
- To provide cover for Lending Associate/Assistant Business Officer when required.
- To assist Business Managers/Senior Business Managers in achieving departmental objectives.
- To ensure own personal development objectives are achieved.
- To build and maintain good business contacts internally and externally.
- To assist Business Managers/Senior Business Managers in delivering a superior relationship management service to customers, prospects and professionals.
- To conduct detailed and enhanced customer research to fulfil ‘Know Your Customers’ and ‘Know Your Customers’ Customers’ requirements.
- To conduct financial information input to Moody’s.
- To support on daily activities including customers management.
- To comply with all applicable regulations, rules, codes, guidelines and standards set by regulators and the Bank, and carry out duties with high integrity.
- To adhere to all established risk control guidelines, procedures and measures to identify, assess, report, mitigate and monitor the risks involved in the day-to-day work.
- To main awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Fluent in verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin).
- University degree in a relevant subject such as Finance, Banking and Business Management; OR
- Minimum of 2 years banking related experience.
- Good understanding customers’ needs and delivering superior customer service.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Ability to understand and analyse financial data.
- Some working experience in a relevant role such as customer service is advantage
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Mandarin / Cantonese Chinese speaking Relationship Manager (Corporate Banking)
£60-80k depending on experience + banking benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 19972
Mandarin Chinese speaking Finance Manager (GL&Reporting)
£Highly Competitive, depending on experience | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 19970
National Account Manager - FMCG
Basic £50,000 - 55,000 | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 19966
£40,000 - £50,000 | Permanent | Central London | Ref:19965