Project Coordinator - Logistics
- Central London
- Ref: 19840
Your New Job Title: Project Coordinator - Logistics
The Skills You'll Need: Project Management, Logistics, Customs Clearance, Import/Export
Your New Salary: £25-35k
Location: West London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37 hrs/week
Who You'll Be Working for:
Highly successful business working on building and interior design projects globally.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the Supplier from receipt of a PO to timely delivery of the specified goods at the designated location.
- The PO’s for a Project are generated by the Coordinators assigned to the ‘Purchasing’ Function.
- Once a PO is issued then responsibility for that PO passes from the ‘purchasing’ to the ‘logistics’ Coordinator.
The Coordinator should manage the following (where applicable) on each PO:
- Check that Supplier has received the PO.
- Coordinate with the business internally or Client Accounts for timely payment on any Advance Payment incorporated in PO.
- Expedite Supplier for issue of any Shop Drawings/Samples required under the PO.
- Obtain approval of above from Design and feedback to Supplier.
- Continuous contact with Supplier to ascertain that progress of the PO accords with required delivery date
- Coordinate with Accounts for timely payment of any Payment required prior to delivery.
- Manage all shipments that are our direct responsibility (including exports) to the designated delivery point.
- As part of the above create/obtain all shipping documentation and have certified as required, and issue Pre Alert.
- Coordinate with Client on receipt, Customs Clearance and delivery to Warehouse of goods.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed
- International shipping experience.
- Project management.
- Shipping documentation knowledge.
- Experience working in a design environment ideally.
- Quick learner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- First class communicator.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Logistic Officer & Sales Admin -Japanese Speaker
£20K-£28K/annum+ Bonus (Twice a Year) | Permanent | Greater London | Ref:19872
Customer Service Advisor in Manchester – Japanese Speaker
£25,000 /annum + Breakfast + various benefits | Permanent | Rest of the UK | Ref:19868
Private Label Product Development Manager
up to £40k pro rata dependent on experience (plus excellent benefits) | Contract | Greater London, Rest of the UK | Ref: 19833
Japanese speaking Sales Administrator (with French or Spanish)
£25,000-28,000/annum | Permanent | Central London | Ref:19855