Project Coordinator - Purchasing
- Central London
- Ref: 19839
Your New Job Title: Project Coordinator - Purchasing
The Skills You'll Need: Project Management, Purchasing, PO Management
Your New Salary: £25-35k
Location: West London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37 hrs/week
Who You'll Be Working for:
Highly successful business working on building and interior design projects globally.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- The role of the ‘Purchaser’ is to effectively and efficiently convert a Specification into a Purchase Order.
- The Specifications for a Project are generated by the Specifiers who are part of the Design Department.
- Once a Specification has been approved by a senior member of Design it is released as ‘Approved for Purchasing’ to P&L Team.
- A Project Coordinator (from P&L Team) will have been assigned to the Project, and will be monitoring the release of Specifications.
- Shortly after release the Specification will be pulled into a Requisition, which is created by the Coordinator.
- The Coordinator will then negotiate (to the extent possible) the best commercial arrangement for the specified item(s).
- They will obtain the best price, delivery period, logistic arrangement (INCOTERM) along with other information, such as Manufacturer and Country of Origin.
- Once all the information is loaded and the Requisition is complete the Coordinator can electronically forward it for approval.
- Requisition Approval will normally fall to a Senior, who will be guided by Project timeframes and Budget.
- Once approved the Requisition will be forwarded to the PM (or designate) for approval.
- On approval a PO can be issued to Supplier, along with labels and if applicable Payment Request processed.
- If Requisition is for a Client Order then it will be electronically forwarded to the Client for approval.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed
- Previous experience in an interior design business.
- Project management experience.
- Purchasing background.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
Please follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Logistic Officer & Sales Admin -Japanese Speaker
£20K-£28K/annum+ Bonus (Twice a Year) | Permanent | Greater London | Ref:19872
Customer Service Advisor in Manchester – Japanese Speaker
£25,000 /annum + Breakfast + various benefits | Permanent | Rest of the UK | Ref:19868
Private Label Product Development Manager
up to £40k pro rata dependent on experience (plus excellent benefits) | Contract | Greater London, Rest of the UK | Ref: 19833
Japanese speaking Sales Administrator (with French or Spanish)
£25,000-28,000/annum | Permanent | Central London | Ref:19855