Supply Chain & Purchasing Manager
- £35- 40k
- Central London
- Ref: 19728
Your New Job Title: Supply Chain & Purchasing Manager
The Skills You'll Need: Supply Chain Management, Team Management, Purchasing
Your New Salary: £35- 40k
Location: Central London
Job status: One year contract initially
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5hrs per week
Who You'll Be Working for:
Leading information technology provider for the corporate world.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
The Supply Chain & Purchasing Manager is responsible for translating organizational and functional strategies into departmental goals; a key objective is to enable the delivery of all the operational commitments to the company’s customers post sale.
This position will:
1. Successfully establish relationships and key business controls internally.
2. Act as the primary liaison and point of escalation for Procurement/Supply Chain
3. Manage, develop and mentor supply chain/procurement staff in UK and Pakistan (Five staff)
4. Ensure that the Sales Department is provided with the required operational support, (CSF/KPI) reports and feedback post sale.
5. Project Manage bespoke customer requirements post sale.
6. Implement and maintain key Procurement and Supply Chain Processes.
7. Identify and implement sourcing and supplier management best practices.
8. Identify year over year cost reduction opportunities, and Back end Rebate (BER).
9. Establish and report on key measurements.
10. Take ownership of supply chain performance and address non-compliance with SLA/KPIs.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
• Operations/Supply Chain/Procurement/Partner Management experience in an IT reseller.
• Demonstrative track record for successful supplier management, sourcing initiatives and cost savings.
• Strong pricing analysis, high energy, strategic planning and team collaboration.
• Proven people management skills essential.
• Numerate with strong pricing analysis, analytical thinking, and strategic planning skills.
• Advanced MS Office skills required, especially Excel
• Experience with Sage 200 desirable
Bachelor’s degree in business, purchasing, contract law, supply chain management, or related field
• Full CIPS Member MCIPS preferred
• Prince 2 will be desirable but not essential
• Must work with a sense of urgency and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced growth environment.
• A good knowledge of general principles of purchasing law.
• Experience in contract negotiation and administration is required.
• Very organized, with strong analytical and reporting skills
• Clear understanding of Sales teams requirements and motivations
• Experience in building or transforming operations organization is highly desirable
Please Follow Us On Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
UK Imports Specialist
up to £209.50 PAYE or £274 LTD Co | Temporary | | Ref:19755
UK Imports Audit Control Specialist
up to £209.50 PAYE or £274 LTD Co | Temporary | Greater London | Ref:19754
Procurement Manager (Marketing/Sales)
up to £384 PAYE/£502 LTD Co (equivalent to £99,860) | Contract | Greater London | Ref:19744
Customs Imports Coordinator
£9.35 for the first 12 weeks then increasing to £10.26 thereafter (equivalent to £18 - £20k ) | Temporary | Rest of the UK | Ref: 19747