Banking Data Analyst
- Competitive salary + bonus + excellent benefits
- Central London
- Ref: 19677
Your New Job Title: Banking Data Analyst
The Skills You'll Need:
Data analysing or business data analysing experience in Banking or Regulatory technology/ AML solution provider
Your New Salary: Competitive
Location: Central London
Who You'll Be Working for: An international bank
About the job:
Acting as the Data Lead within Legal and Compliance Department to identify business needs and determine the best suitable solution for the Bank. Create and implement data analytic methodology and automated work stream to meet the Bank’s requirement in AML, Financial Crime, Transaction Monitoring, Regulatory Compliance, and Tax Transparency.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Use data analysis techniques to define and document processes and requirements, contribute to the validation of the data quality.
- Identify technical options that address business needs, and liaise with IT, Dev team, and business owners to understand data content in the Legal and Compliance data universe.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Participate in the preparation of training and testing materials and associated execution activities.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Degree educated in Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst in Banking or Regulatory Technology/AML solution provider.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL, MS Access etc), programming (XML, VBA, or ETL frameworks).
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SAS, R, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Previous experience in Banking, Regulatory Technology, or AML systems industry.
Job Status: permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 9 to 5
Please follow us on Linkedin: people-first-recruitment
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
Mandarin Chinese speaking IT Engineer
to £50k depending on experience + free lunch + company benefits | Permanent | Greater London | Ref: 19686
Cantonese Chinese speaking Lending Associate (Retail & Mortgage Lending)
£25-30k depending on experience + banking benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 19674
Mandarin Chinese Speaking Corporate Banking Assistant
£25k to £30k | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 19673
Mandarin Chinese speaking Accountant (Real Estate)
£40-45k + travel allowance + lunch allowance + benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 19672