Shipping and Letters of Credit Clerk
- To £29k
- Central London
- Ref: 19609
Your New Job Title: Shipping and Letters of Credit Clerk
Your New Salary: To £29k
Location: Docklands, London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9-5pm
Who You'll Be Working for:
Highly successful food trader first established over 140 years ago.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Preparing, opening and amending import letters of credit.
- Liaise with suppliers overseas in order to negotiate letters of credit terms.
- Communicate with banks regarding any technical issues.
- Acquire an understanding of the documentary requirements of the importing countries.
- Ensure that the goods and documents comply with current local regulations as well as with the customers’ specific needs.
- Once the candidate is confident in processing the Letters of Credit, they will then move on to working on shipping processes too.
- This position requires good knowledge of bills of lading, and the ability to check documents carefully against specific country and customer requirements.
- You will invoice customers and send documents to arrive before vessels arrive, and at the same time ensure that you do not exceed the credit limits in place for the customers. Hence the ability to focus on multiple objectives and remain competent is vital.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- The suitable candidate must have sound experience of documentary credits having worked for a bank or in a shipping department.
- You will have shipping documentation knowledge.
- It is important that the successful applicant is able to balance the different demands of the position successfully without comprising the effectiveness of their work.
- You will be self-motivated, dedicated, able to work within a team and be highly literate and accurate.
- Furthermore you will be keen, organised, enthusiastic, able to prioritise your work, numerate and adaptable to the day to day requirements of the work.
- Competent computer skills in Word, Excel and Email are essential.
Please Follow Us On Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
apply for this job
recent jobs within this team
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR Japanese Speaking
£13-£16/h (Equivalent £25-30K/annum) | Contract | Central London | Ref:19760
Account Manager Administrative Division Japanese Speaking
£28,000-30,000/annum | Permanent | Central London | Ref:19758
Mandarin Chinese speaking Administration Assistant (Banking)
£25-35k depending on experience + banking benefits | Permanent | Central London | Ref: 19584
Depend on Experience | Contract | Central London | Ref:19320